Solved [HELP] Google Chrome Redirect

Mikeee

Thread author
May 13, 2017
This malware occur I think last week when I copy a file from my friend, I'm not entirely sure if the malware/virus comes from that file. So I searched all different kinds of steps to remove redirect malware. I tried TDSSkiller, Rkill, MalwareBytes, HitmanPro, Zemana AND I even reformat my OS drive. I backed up my games like at my D: drive. I didn't format my other drives. My C drive only. Would that be a problem? I don't really want to reformat all my drives because my internet is slow and it takes days to download my games.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 0

Mikeee

Thread author
May 13, 2017
I forgot to mention, When I run those software to scan my pc they detect PUP.Optional something and I always quarantined it and delete it. Last night I used RogueKiller and it detects this. I scan again my pc today and it seems its gone because RogueKiller didn't detect anything. BUT the redirect problem is still occurring. I really need some help.

Attachments

• 2.png.9f5c533f5f78ee0382b591995f5c95b1.png
    2.png.9f5c533f5f78ee0382b591995f5c95b1.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 13

Mikeee

Thread author
May 13, 2017
[UPDATE]: I scan my AVG but it didn't find any threats. And it shows new tab like this without doing anything.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    207.1 KB · Views: 14

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

2873ryc.png

• Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.

Mikeee

Thread author
May 13, 2017
Hi and thank you for posting. I recently format my pc AGAIN for the second time and completely format my entire disks but the problem still occur! could it be my google account? My google chrome sync to my google account and the problem appear in few minutes. please help I don't know what I should do.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 0
  • FRST.txt
    74.7 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.