help guys... this file is destroying my pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
guys i decided to block facebook.com for a few days so downloaded this software called fblimited by axiomcoders well i clicked on block fb and it blocked fb for 7 days now my pc is giving extreme freezing and stuttering problems i tried to uninstall but the program cant be uninstalled until 7 days now i scanned it nothing found uninstalled it using revo uninstaller but cant uninstall it too this program is freaking my system out and also it blocked facebook on all the user accounts which i dont want

Fiery

Level 1
Jan 11, 2011
Hello,

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool from the below link:
<ul><li>For 64 bit systems download <a title="External link" href="http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/farbar/FRST64.exe" rel="nofollow external"><>Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64</></a> and save it to a USB/flash drive.</li>

<li>Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.</li>

<li>Enter <>System Recovery Options</>.</li>

<>To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:</>
<ul>
<li>Restart the computer.</li>
<li>As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the<> F8</> key until Advanced Boot Options appears.</li>
<li>Use the arrow keys to select the <>Repair your computer</> menu item.</li>
<li>Select <>US</> as the keyboard language settings, and then click <>Next</>.</li>
<li>Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click <>Next</>.</li>
<li>Select your user account an click <>Next</>.</li>
</ul>

<li>On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:</span>
<pre>Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt</pre>
<ol>
<li>Select <>Command Prompt</></li>
<li>In the command window type in <>notepad</> and press <>Enter</>.</li>
<li>The notepad opens. Under File menu select <>Open</>.</li>
<li>Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.</li>
<li>In the command window type <><span style="color: #ff0000;">e</span>:\frst64</> and press <>Enter</>
<>Note:</><span style="color: #ff0000;"> Replace letter <>e</> with the drive letter of your flash drive.</span></li>
<li>The tool will start to run.</li>
<li>When the tool opens click <>Yes</> to disclaimer.</li>
<li>Press <>Scan</> button.</li>
<li><>FRST</> will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the <>FRST.txt</> to file, close the message.
<li>Type exit</li>
<li>Please copy and paste both FRST.txt and Result.txt logs in your next reply</li></li>
</ol>
</ul>

Last edited by a moderator:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
You need to watch what you download- http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/facebooklimiter.com

Install WOT to help.

Thanks.:D

raxa707

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
thanx alot it really helped littlebits

@fiery solved i ran linux from usb and deleted all the files

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.