Solved Help in removing HaastsEagle browser extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
I recently discovered that HaastsEagle browser extension was on my computer so i followed you guide on how to remove it but the extension is still showing on my browser. i am wondering if anyone is able to help me with permanently removing this extension as i am worried about what it is going to do to my computer.

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello..! Welcome to MalwareTips..! :)

My name is icotonev and I'm here to help you remove malware ..! Before we begin, please note the following:
  • First, please keep in mind most of us at MalwareTips volunteer our assistance for your benefit in your time of need. Logs from malware diagnostic or removal programs can take some time to get analyzed. Also, have in mind that all the experts here are volunteers and may not be available to assist when you post. Please, be patient, while I analyze your logs.
  • It is important to not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you.Also, do not uninstall or install any software during the procedure, unless I ask you to do so.
  • Cracked or pirated programs are not only illegal, but also can make your computer a malware target. Having such programs installed, is the easiest way to get infected. Thus, no need to clean the computer, since, soon or later, it will get infected again. If you have such programs, please uninstall them now, before we start the cleaning procedure.
  • Please perform all steps in the order they are listed. If things are not clear or you experience problems be sure to stop and let me know.
  • Please attach all logs into your post unless otherwise requested.
  • When your computer is clean I will let you know, provide instructions to remove tools and reports, and offer you information about how you can combat future infections.
  • If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

Please follow the following instruction ..:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop. --> IMPORTANT

If your antivirus software detects the tool as malicious, it’s safe to allow FRST to run. It is a false-positive detection.
If English is not your primary language, right click on FRST.exe/FRST64.exe and rename to FRSTEnglish.exe/FRST64English.exe

Note
: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click the FRST icon to run the tool. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produced two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please attach the content of these two logs in your next reply.
---------------------------------------------------

In your next reply, please include:
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
OK perfect thank you.
I think this is what you mean by attaching the logs if it isn't what you need please let me know so that i can attach the correct documents. And again thank you for helping me resolve this issue

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    58.9 KB · Views: 4
  • FRST.txt
    52.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: icotonev

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Daniel34..! :) Very good..! (y)

Artificius is a Potentially Unwanted Program and therefore I suggest you to uninstall it from your computer. See more about it:

• Download the Revo Uninstaller (Free Download) and save it on your Desktop.
  • Double click on the exe file created on your Desktop to run the installer, and follow the instructions to install the program.
  • Double click the program's icon to open it.
  • Write in the search area, on the top left, the following program:
Code:
Artificius
  • Choose the Uninstall tab from the menu and let the program to create a Restore point.
  • Choose Scan, and then the Advanced mode scan.
  • Select all the Online Services items found, Delete and Next.
  • Let the procedure be completed and click on Finish.
  • Restart the computer.

Next ....:

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool - Fix

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system that cannot be undone

Please download the attached file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

• Copy/paste the following in the Search: box
Code:
Searchall: olpemcokjfbgdbdkilgkhfmhlkcacjgh , HaastsEagle , Artificius

• Click Search Files button
  • When completed click OK and a Search.txt document will open on your desktop
  • Аttach the report in your reply. If the file is too large zip and upload it here.

In your next reply, please include:
  • Fixlog.txt
  • Search report

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: B-boy/StyLe/

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
Ok perfect thank you for the quick response. I have completed the following steps and have also attached the two logs that you have asked for. And again thank you for helping me resolve this issue. If there is anything else i need to do please let me know.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    15.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Search.txt
    371 bytes · Views: 1

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Daniel34..! I'm glad I could help you..! :)
I want to do a few more checks to be sure and then we'll be done..!

Run AdwCleaner (scan only)

Download AdwCleaner and save it to your desktop.
  • Double click AdwCleaner.exe to run it.
  • Click Scan Now.
    • When the scan has finished, a Scan Results window will open.
    • Click Cancel (at this point do not attempt to Quarantine anything that is found)
  • Now click the Log Filestab.
    • Double click on the latest scan log (Scan logs have a [S0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number. The latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the scan.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

Run Malwarebytes (scan only)
  • Download Malwarebytes and save it to your Desktop.
  • Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer.
  • Double-click on the icon on your desktop named MBSetup.exe. This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
  • Follow the instructions to install the program.
  • When finished, double click the program's icon created on your Desktop.
  • Click the little gear on the top right (Settings) and when it opens, click the Security tab and make sure about the following:
Code:
Under the title Scan Options, all the options are checked.
Under the title Windows Security Center (Premium only) the option is NOT checked.
Under the title Potentially unwanted items all options are set to Always.

• Click on the little gear to return to the main menu and select Scan. The program will start scanning your computer. This may take about 10 minutes, but in some cases it may be take longer.
  • When finished, you will see the Threat Scan Summary window open.
  • If threats are not found, click View Report and proceed to the two last steps below.

If threats are found,
    make sure that all threats are not selected,close the program and proceed to the next steps below.
    • Open Malwarebytes again, click on the Scanner, and then on the Reports tab.
    • Find the report with the most recent date and double click on it.
    • Click on Export and then Copy to Clipboard.
    • Paste its content here, in your next reply.

In your next reply, please post:
  1. The AdwCleaner[S0*].txt
  2. The Malwarebytes report

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
OK perfect i have completed the following steps and have attached the documents to this reply. Again thank you for the help. If this isn't the correct files please let me know so i can attach the correct files.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[S00].txt
    1.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Malwarebytes Scan Report 2024-03-14 171748.txt
    50.6 KB · Views: 3

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Daniel34..! Thank you..! :)

Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner detect Adware.ChromeLoader and Adware.Energy ..! See more here:

Run Malwarebytes (Clean mode)

• Double click the program's icon on your Desktop, as you did before.
  • Click the little gear on the top right (Settings) and when it opens, click the Security tab and make sure about the following:
Code:
Under the title Scan Options, all the options are checked.
Under the title Windows Security Center (Premium only) the option is unchecked.
Under the title Potentially unwanted items all options are set to Always.

• Click on the little gear to return to the main menu and select Scan. The program will start scanning your computer. This may take about 10 minutes, but in some cases it may be take longer.
  • When finished, you will see the Thread Scan Summary window open.
  • If threats are not found, click View Report and proceed to the two last steps below.
  • If threats are found, make sure that all threats are selected, and click on Quarantine/Remove selected.
  • You may need to restart the computer.
  • Open Malwarebytes again, click on the Scanner, and then on the Reports tab.
  • Find the report with the most recent date and double click on it.
  • Click on Export and then Copy to Clipboard.
  • Paste its content here, in your next reply.

AdwCleaner (Clean mode)

To proceed, please do the following:
  • Double click AdwCleaner.exe on your Desktop, to run it as you did before.
  • Click Scan Now.
  • When the scan has finished a Scan Results window will open.
  • Please check all the boxes and then click Quarantine.
  • Click Next.
    • If any pre-installed software was found on your machine, a prompt window will open. Click OK to close it.
    • Check any pre-installed software items you want to remove.
    • Click Quarantine.
  • A prompt to save your work will appear.
    • Click Continue when you're ready to proceed.
  • A prompt to restart your computer will appear.
    • Click Restart Now.
  • Once your computer has restarted:
    • If it doesn't open automatically, please start AdwCleaner.
    • Click the Log Files tab.
    • Double click on the latest Clean log (Clean logs have a [C0*] suffix, where * is replaced by a number, the latest scan will have the largest number)
    • A Notepad file will open containing the results of the removal.
    • Please post the contents of the file in your next reply.

Fresh FRST logs

Please run FRST tool once more, and attach for me fresh logs:
  • Double-click on the FRST icon to run it, as you did before. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button and wait for a while.
  • The scanner will produce two logs on your Desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
  • Please attach these two logs in your next reply.

In your next reply, please post:
  1. The AdwCleaner[C0*].txt
  2. The Malwarebytes report
  3. Fresh FRST logs

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
Ok perfect thank you. I have attached the log reports to this reply. Again thank you for helping me.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[C02].txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    49.7 KB · Views: 5
  • Malwarebytes Scan Report 2024-03-16 121015.txt
    49.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Addition.txt
    104.6 KB · Views: 4

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Great..! Your computer is now clean..! :) Here are our final steps..:

I would like you to run a tool named SecurityCheck to inquire about the current-security-update status of some applications:

Scan with SecurityCheck by glax24
  • Temporarily disable Microsoft SmartScreen only if it blocks the download of the software. The program is safe
  • Download SecurityCheck by glax24 from here
  • If SmartScreen blocks the file from running click on More info and Run anyway
  • This tool is safe. Smartscreen is overly sensitive. You can check the VirusTotal scan of the tool from here
  • Right-click with your mouse on the Securitycheck.exe and select "Run as administrator" and reply YES to allow it to run
  • Wait for the scan to finish. It will open a text file named SecurityCheck.txt Close the file. Attach it with your next reply.
  • You can find this file in a folder called SecurityCheck, C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt
Next ....:

KpRm by Kernel-panik

• Download KpRm and save it to your Desktop (see here if you must use Chrome)
  • Note: If the file is detected as malware it is not and it is safe to download. The detection is a false positive.
  • Right click on the icon and select Run as administrator
  • Click Yes on the Disclaimer
  • Place a check mark in Delete Tools, Create Restore Point, and Delete in 7 days
  • Click Run
  • Click OK on All operations are completed
  • KpRm will delete itself from you Desktop and you can either save or remove the report that is generated
  • You are free to remove any other tools/reports still remaining
  • Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

Daniel34

Thread author
Mar 12, 2024
OK perfect thank you for the help with sorting this problem out i have completed the last steps and have attached the files which you have asked for. Again thank you for all your help

Attachments

• SecurityCheck.txt
    7.9 KB · Views: 2
  • kprm-20240316220912.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 2

icotonev

Verified
Staff Member
Mar 9, 2017
Hello, Daniel34..! Thank you..!
I recommend updating the software in the box below:

Norton Security v.22.23.10.10 Warning! Download Update
Notepad++ (64-bit x64) v.8.6 Warning! Download Update
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64) - 14.38.33130 v.14.38.33130.0 Warning! Download Update
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x86) - 14.36.32532 v.14.36.32532.0 Warning! Download Update
WinRAR 6.21 (64-bit) v.6.21.0 Warning! Download Update
Discord v.1.0.9003 Warning! Download Update

That is all..! I mark the topic as SOLVED...!
Thank you for placing your trust in MalwareTips..!
Stay Safe...! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.