Solved Help Partitioning Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
I am attempting to partition my drive so I can create a space for Linux.
I am at the step where I am to right click an "unlabeled black bar" to the right of the particular drive that I want to partition, but no drop down menu is appearing with a "new partition" option. What is up with that?

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
5zig74.png

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
That is the problem; I am allegedly supposed to be able to right click the dark unnamed area, in the lower right pane, to the right of the drive that I want to partition, but when I do that I do not get a drop down menu with "New Partition" as an option.

http://answers.vt.edu/kb/entry/1617

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Using a 3rd-party software might be a better choice for creating a new partition.

Please remember to backup all important data beforehand.

Upvote 0

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
[undefined=undefined] what options do you have by right-clicking on it?[/undefined]

Convert to dynamic disk
Properties
Help
Open
Explore
Change drive letters and path

"Mark partition as active" and "Delete partition" are on the list but they are faded out where I cannot select them.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
Using a 3rd-party software might be a better choice for creating a new partition.

Please remember to backup all important data beforehand.

i agree, try Easeus Partition manager or others.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
elliotcroft said:
On Kubuntu, there should be an option to partition your system during the install process.
yes,on Ubuntu during install you can alocate the amount of your disk space you would like for linux.In XP there is no way to do this without 3rd party software.Easeus has been mentioned a few times and it is a very easy to use software that gets the job done.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.