Status
Not open for further replies.

ayan4u

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 22, 2012
Can any site trace my phone number from my ip and take legal action.... how can i prevent this if i'm traced and save myself.....its from a pro chat site..... :huh:

softwareFREEk

Level 1
Verified
Dec 27, 2012
hello and welcome to MalwareTips ayan4u

I hope that you enjoy your stay

If you are in need of information try searching our How To link first
Forum-How-To-Articles-Tips-and-Guides
if this does not provide you with the information that you are looking for create a 'New Thread' and ask away

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Welcome to MT :) Thanks for joining!!

I think your OK with the tracing of your phone number as it cannot be done from your IP address.Even if it is through a phone line to your modem.Of course if you have given any personal information to the "Pro Chat Site" this is another thing entirely.Why you are worried about legal action....I leave that one alone.

You can browse anonymously to avoid tracking of your IP.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Welcome to the forums first off and second not sure about that. Sounds weird for it to happen.

ayan4u

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 22, 2012
thanks for ur responses :) .......well some says they trace it from the isp who has my number, they said they'll send legal notice to isp in 5 days, is dat true ? though i was annoymous there

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ayan4u said:
thanks for ur responses :) .......well some says they trace it from the isp who has my number, they said they'll send legal notice to isp in 5 days, is dat true ? though i was annoymous there

If you didn't do anything in the first place I wouldn't worry about it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I did read it's possible on e-How, but it requires Moderate efforts/skill and calling up the ISP to get access to your data. If I'm not mistaken, that data is confidential and should be kept private (ie. not shared) by your ISP.

For most, I wouldn't worry about it, if you haven't done anything illegal.

madyrocksin

Jul 30, 2012
I think you are from India, if yes than i dont think anybody is going to entertain that "pro chat site" :p LOL
If i were you i would be rather relaxed :D

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
ayan4u said:

They cannot get your number by tracing an IP and threat of legal action seems like some kind of idle threat.

Do they want some kind of information from you?

I wouldnt worry about it especially if you havent done anything illegal

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
You can't even get someones address by tracing their IP let alone their phone number, they're just trying to scare you

The only people with your details are your ISP, and they will not hand out any information to anyone unless there is a court order, and even then they would have to work out which IP you were allocated on a certain day to be able to connect you to anything

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips :welcomewave:

Hmm... Actually most of the agreement have so called Privacy Statement which they are aware not to be expose any confidential information to any 3rd party source itself or from them

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.