Help smard hdd repair

Ad Az

Thread author
May 5, 2012
Need help mu computer gets stuck after choosing the user but it works using safemode with networking. Also I cannot use the internet it shows no internet access and I have tried unchecking the proxy but it was already unchecked.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hi and welcome to the MALWARE TIPS forums!

I'm Jack and I am going to try to assist you with your problem. Please take note of the below:
  • I will start working on your malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine!
  • The process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine is clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Refrain from running self fixes as this will hinder the malware removal process.
  • It may prove beneficial if you print of the following instructions or save them to notepad as I post them.
Your security programs may give warnings for some of the tools I will ask you to use. Be assured, any links I give are safe.

Before we start:
Please be aware that removing malware is a potentially hazardous undertaking. I will take care not to knowingly suggest courses of action that might damage your computer. However it is impossible for me to foresee all interactions that may happen between the software on your computer and those we'll use to clear you of infection, and I cannot guarantee the safety of your system. It is possible that we might encounter situations where the only recourse is to re-format and re-install your operating system, or to necessitate you taking your computer to a repair shop.

Because of this, I advise you to backup any personal files and folders before you start.

Step 1 : Download and Install Combofix 

Download ComboFix from one of the following locations: 
Link 1  
Link 2  

VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop  

* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here  
  • Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks

NSIS_disclaimer_ENG.png

NSIS_extraction.png

• When finished, it shall produce a log for you. 
    [*]Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Notes:
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3.  If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.

Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now

Step 2: Run farbar service scanner

fss.jpg

Tick "All" options.
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

Ad Az

Thread author
May 5, 2012
Well thx for ur help but I think my computer is now fixed. Wat I did was checked my system with many softwares and removed all malwares and then did a system restore and now my computer is working fine though it is a little slow.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
... What software did you exactly use?
Please note that absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear, I suggest that you post a OTL log so that we can check if there are any left over infections.

How to run a OTL scan:
  1. Please download OTL : http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe
  2. Right-click on OTL.exe and select Run as Administrator to start OTL.
  3. Double click on OTL.exe to run it.
  4. Under Output, ensure that Minimal Output is selected.
  5. Under Extra Registry section, select Use SafeList.
  6. Click the Scan All Users checkbox.
  7. Click on Run Scan at the top left hand corner.
  8. When done, two Notepad files will open.
    • OTListIt.txt <-- Will be opened
    • Extra.txt <-- Will be minimized
  9. Save the scan log somewhere that you can find it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.