Help to recover corrupted files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcassiog

Thread author
Mar 30, 2020
Hello good day!
I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but come on.
A lady asked me for help because I had a computer stored for about 5 years due to not opening the photos and files anymore. I analyzed it and according to her husband a technician said they were asking for ransom at the time. Well, did that lady's mother die and the damaged photos from that computer that was kept still have a way to recover?
I'm just trying to help you.

Thank you, Cassio.
PS: sorry for the way, but I used the translator, because I'm from Brazil.
PS2: There is no redemption message, but there is a folder left by the technician with the files CoinVaultDecryptor.exe, rakhnidecryptor.exe, rannohdecryptor.exe, rectordecryptor.exe, ScatterDecryptor.exe, xoristdecryptor.exe, and another full of files (doc , pdf and jpg) corrupted.

Reactions: [correlate]

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Hello: There may now be decrypters now available for the the files, but there are members better qualified then I (but not as good looking) to point you in the right direction, so hang on ;);)

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

If the Decryptors may have been tried without success.

I suggest you submit a sample of a compromised file to ID Ransomware.
Or if available submit a sample of the ransom and payment information.

Follow the instructions on this page.

They will advise you if these compromised files can be restored.

I'm willing to do some research on this if you let me know the name of the extension of the compromised file.

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

No sorry.
A decryptor will probably never be available for this type of infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.