Solved Help - winload.exe is missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Thread author
Dec 30, 2011
I bought a win 7 ultimate 32 bit original cd

i inserted the disk it says press any key to boot from the disk (i pressed space bar)
then it shows windows is loading files
after loading it says winload.exe is missing or corrupt
what do i do now ?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
1.You can try the bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd command :
  1. Put the Windows 7 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
  2. Press a key when you are prompted.
  3. Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or an input method, and then click Next.
  4. Click Repair your computer.
  5. Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
  6. In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
    Type Bootrec.exe, and then press ENTER.
  7. Next you'll need to type
    Code:
    bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd

The /RebuildBcd option scans all disks for installations that are compatible with Windows Vista or Windows 7. Additionally, this option lets you select the installations that you want to add to the BCD store. Use this option when you must completely rebuild the BCD.

Related video :

2.Another possible solution would be to download and burn using ImgBurn a fresh copy of Windows 7 and then try to see if it works.
You can download a trial for Windows 7 (90 days trial) for free from Softpedia. - http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Windows-7-Download-118183.html

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
This type of problem happened a lot with me. What always solved it was restoring the system to a previous state using the Setup CD.

Edit: Oh wait, do you mean when you boot from the CD it tells you Winload.exe is missing or corrupt?

Upvote 0

Justin

Thread author
Dec 30, 2011
Microsoft guys replaced my CD (it was defective they said) and the one i got replaced worked !! i am very happy
Thanks for all help

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.