HELP with CentOS Server 7 (VNC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
So I've been trying to install VNC Server and I had to install epel and the repository got updated. Now VNC is installed in the root level since I'm just using the server to host my website. I created a password for the VNC of course. But I don't find why I can't access the server with VNC Viewer now that everything has been setup. When I try to connect it basically says timeout..... Does anybody here know about this? Could somebody help please?

I followed all the steps here https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/installing-gnome-and-vnc-on-fedora-19 but at the end when I have to connect using the viewer the server is timeout and it won't let me connect.

I

illumination

So I've been trying to install VNC Server and I had to install epel and the repository got updated. Now VNC is installed in the root level since I'm just using the server to host my website. I created a password for the VNC of course. But I don't find why I can't access the server with VNC Viewer now that everything has been setup. When I try to connect it basically says timeout..... Does anybody here know about this? Could somebody help please?

I followed all the steps here https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/installing-gnome-and-vnc-on-fedora-19 but at the end when I have to connect using the viewer the server is timeout and it won't let me connect.
Are you running Fedora 19 or Fedora 20?

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Well its CentOS 7 and as far as I know its equivalent to fedora but honestly I don't know which one. :( but all the information i was looking for redirected to Fedora 19 not 20.

I

illumination

Well its CentOS 7 and as far as I know its equivalent to fedora but honestly I don't know which one. :( but all the information i was looking for redirected to Fedora 19 not 20.
Was wondering, it can be confusing, as Centos is supposed to be a clone of RHEL, where as Fedora is the opensource project of redhat. RHEL is built from pieces of Fedora but not the whole thing.

I just read there is no direct relationship between Fedora version and Centos..

randj89

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
May 7, 2014
Okay then I'm confused lol but they are very similar at least.

I

illumination

Okay then I'm confused lol but they are very similar at least.
That makes two of us lol.. Im looking up RHEL installation procedures for TigerVNC, it would be the course i would take at this point.

I

illumination

Did you allow Tiger VNC through the firewall? If not, try this.

Add firewall rules to allow the VNC connection, the following rule is set as per the port-offset.

[root@server ~]# firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=5905/tcp

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.