Troubleshoot Help with wifi drivers NO INTERNET

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Grab a stick, toss it in a laptop and download onto the stick to install on the PC.

If you don't have a second PC or laptop then toss a self-detecting WiFi stick in and download it. If neither of those, head to the local library or a buddies house to download it.

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Search the laptop/desktop brand and model on the internet, so you can download the ethernet/wifi driver from the official manufacturer site. For example, if you have an Acer Predator Helios 300 you go search in Google "Acer Predator Helios 300 drivers" and you will see the official Acer site offering the drivers.

Else, if you or somebody made the computer and it does not have a "brand and model" search for the motherboard manufacturer and model (system tools, system information) on Google for the drivers.

Do this on another computer or in your phone and then copy the file from your phone to your PC via USB cable.

Upvote 0

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Some years back I had a problem with losing driver for my wireless internet,bought Netgear adapter at Walmart and it allowed me to get online,then I ran free version of Iobot drive booster and it downloaded the missing driver,I also found out according to my provider "Optimum" they rebooted my modom from there side,and problem never happened again.Not sure if this is your situation but incase it is.GL....,of course a direct line is way better than wireless if you have that option

Upvote 0

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Just to add can you check device manager see what it says under network adapters?
Windows ships with a generic driver to allow you to connect to the internet,so then you just scan for hardware changes.

Upvote 0

Duane Blomberg

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 15, 2017
Just to add can you check device manager see what it says under network adapters?
Windows ships with a generic driver to allow you to connect to the internet,so then you just scan for hardware changes.
i got it to work with iobot driver installer tethering it from my ladys cell phone,thanks everyone

Upvote 0

Sunshine-boy

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2017
How can you download something without internet??
You have to learn how to run Ubuntu live from USB. I tired ubuntu recently!!Good os also fast!!!but it's not user-friendly( you have to open that ugly terminal for everything!!)! Windows is much much much better than Linux for daily usage.

Reactions: Rengar
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.