Not open for further replies.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for your config.:) Comodo Firewall is well respected, & it's been recommended to me here. I nearly chose it for myself, but went with Privatefirewall for an XP computer! I think you should add "Sandboxie" which just may be (currently) the closest one can come to finding a fail safe tool to prevent the release of numerous causes that make changes to your system's hard drive. By opening your browser in what is referred to as a "Sandbox", you contain everything downloaded, updated, or even released through an e-mail.:) Your system remains untouched provided you delete (I automatically delete contents when closing my browser) the contents of the sandbox.;) Updates for browsers & extensions must be done by opening your browser normally (outside the sandbox). The addition of Sandboxie was the one tip given me here, that has made the biggest difference in protecting our three computers, & I'm writing this while inside of a sandbox!:D http://www.sandboxie.com/ PS Don't hesitate to ask if you are uncertain about anything as we're all here to help!:cool:

Last edited:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello,
First thing first, update Kaspersky to the Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 version, and uninstall Comodo Firewall. As you may know, most Internet Security suites come with a firewall, so you do not need another one.
There are other things that you can do to improve your PC security, but this is the first thing that you should take care off as this may cause slow-downs, conflicts and other errors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Agree with Jack, if you have KIS you don't need another firewall to avoid conflict...
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.