Hi all my name is angela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angela6488

Thread author
Apr 19, 2017
Hi. I am new here. I came because I think my web browser (google chrome) has picked up some kind of obnoxiousware (malware). I keep getting directed to this annoying bitmotion page that I don't like. I have tried a number of tactics to make this bitmotion page go away but it won't so, I have come here to seek malware assistance. I'll post an update if I ever get rid of the bitmotion page. Hope everybody else's issues also get resolved. Here's crossing our fingers.

REDBEARD1

Level 1
Mar 7, 2016
Hi. I am new here. I came because I think my web browser (google chrome) has picked up some kind of obnoxiousware (malware). I keep getting directed to this annoying bitmotion page that I don't like. I have tried a number of tactics to make this bitmotion page go away but it won't so, I have come here to seek malware assistance. I'll post an update if I ever get rid of the bitmotion page. Hope everybody else's issues also get resolved. Here's crossing our fingers.
re- install chrome?

Angela6488

Thread author
Apr 19, 2017
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. It is really appreciated. To READBEARD1, I am a tick away from doing just that. Comming here is the last step before chrome gets booted and a clean copy reinstalled. Again, thanks all for the well wishes.

Sethicle

Apr 10, 2017
Welcome,

is it just in Chrome? double check what DNS settings are in your modem. I had a rogue/problematic modem and it would change the DNS server and would cause random redirects.. Modem replaced and all was fine after. And yes modem did have a different user and password from the default. Netcomm - piece of garbage it was (from ISP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.