Not open for further replies.

Digerati

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Hi all.

New to Malware Tips but not to forums. I am a retired Air Force radio electronics technician providing hardware and communications systems support since 1972. I've been involved in IS/IT technologies and computer and network hardware support since I literally stood inside a NORAD mainframe computer in the mid-70s.

While I have done malware removal for years through my little computer repair and IT consulting business, I don't consider myself a malware removal expert. I don't have the patience to analyse logs, having done that for years in the AF. Instead, I teach others security awareness, user discipline and how to secure their computers so they never need the assistance of a malware removal expert. That's a lot easier than malware removal and collateral damage repair.

So I will be lurking about and hope to help out where I can.

Digerati

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
Well, I'm no noob. But if there is one consistency I have learned over the years it is that there is always more to learn. IT is industries within industries. No way anyone can come close to knowing it all So I am always learning. That's what's great about forums like this. People come with all sorts of expertise from different areas within IT.

Another consistency I have learned is that things change. And often very rapidly in IT. So we have to be open to that. Tweaks that were necessary to make XP better, for example, are often detrimental in Windows 10. We should not assume that Microsoft has been sitting on their thumbs over the last 20+ years. Same with hardware makers. Don't assume that long standing traditions still apply. They often are just unfounded myths these days.

I hate to be wrong when giving advice. I mean, I really hate it. So I am constantly hitting up my friend, Bing Google to verify what I knew was once true is still true. I do that because things change, but also because I'm a chronic sufferer of GCF... err... but I forget what that stands for. Oh yeah, geriatric cranial flatulence! ;)

Reactions: lobo001 and Parsh

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
A warm welcome to MT @Digerati :)
Hope you have great interactions and sharing experience here. Agreed, learning vectors never run out and everyone has something to learn, the difference being a different base point.
Good day!

Digerati

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I notice user signatures (apparently disabled by default) are not allowed on this site (except for staff members). Were they being abused or something?

Reactions: lobo001 and picabo
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.