Hi from New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitestone_nz

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Somehow ended up here after a websearch on duck duck go, and found one of your posts with tons of useful links.

Computer security and privacy are extremely important to me, and even though I'm not a techie guy, I'll do my very best to ensure that no one robs me of it.

I'm operating out of my new SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 and am thrilled with the device. I've made it a mission to set up a tor package on it.....but that involves rooting the Tab while it's still under warranty....and that effort will almost certainly void the warranty, so I'll try and find the best workaround for now.

Any tips or urls would be most welcome. Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Regards for now.

Ken.

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
:welcomewave: to the forums.

I don't have or know anything about the SAMSUNG Tab2 or a tor package maybe someone on the forums knows what to do.

P

Plexx

whitestone_nz said:
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Somehow ended up here after a websearch on duck duck go, and found one of your posts with tons of useful links.

Computer security and privacy are extremely important to me, and even though I'm not a techie guy, I'll do my very best to ensure that no one robs me of it.

I'm operating out of my new SAMSUNG Tab2 10.1 and am thrilled with the device. I've made it a mission to set up a tor package on it.....but that involves rooting the Tab while it's still under warranty....and that effort will almost certainly void the warranty, so I'll try and find the best workaround for now.

Any tips or urls would be most welcome. Looking forward to being part of the forum.
Regards for now.

Ken.

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

You mean Samsung Galaxy Tab 2? If I remember correctly it is the 2nd Samsung product running Ice Cream Sandwich, with specs similar to its predecessor 7 (as in 7 inches screen instead of 10.1).

Despite running ICS, at the moment there is no easy way around to set up tor without rooting (as far as I am aware).

You can try this but not sure if it will suit your need.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.torproject.android&hl=en

whitestone_nz

Thread author
Jul 30, 2012
Thanks guys for the welcomes once more, and the tips. Yes I spotted that app in the store, will try running firefox mobile so I can use tor as an add-on. But from memory, the Tab 2 is not considered compatible with mozilla just yet. I'm running the dolphin browser at present, but enjoyed using Firefox on my laptop for a long time.

D

Deleted member 178

Hi, welcome aboard

you can create a config there: http://malwaretips.com/Forum-Security-Configuration-Wizard

Then we can help you setup your device or computer.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips.

Enjoy your stay.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello and welcome Ken! :drinks:
It's good to see that you have decided to join us, I hope you'll you be an active member and share your opinions with us.:p
whitestone_nz said:
You might want to check the Ghostery browser add-on .... it can help you stay more 'undercover' while online - http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Ghostery-Browser-Addon-Review
And like Umbra said you can start a thread in our Security Configuration forum to check you security config.

Again welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.