Hi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSheepie

Thread author
Feb 1, 2013
Hello!

BTW, do any of you guys know how to run .msi files as admistrator? What I've been doing is to run CMD as admistrator then executing the file which gets kinda annoying..... :p Thanks!

Reactions: Exterminator

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Welcome to MalwareTips, iSheepie. There are many here who can help you. Post your config by beginning with the wizard under Malware help (near the top of the page) and this should get ideas flowing toward you.;) Thanks for joining!:)

DaZa9

Level 8
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips, for your question:
1. Start Button / key
2. Type in "cmd" without quotes and press Shift+Enter to open a command prompt as an administrator.
3. Type in the full path to the msi and press enter. Put the path inside quotes if it has any spaces like "C:\Users\username\My Documents\setup.msi"
4. Press enter and agree to execute the MSI

Hope this helps ;)

iSheepie

Thread author
Feb 1, 2013
Hello and welcome to MalwareTips, for your question:
1. Start Button / key
2. Type in "cmd" without quotes and press Shift+Enter to open a command prompt as an administrator.
3. Type in the full path to the msi and press enter. Put the path inside quotes if it has any spaces like "C:\Users\username\My Documents\setup.msi"
4. Press enter and agree to execute the MSI

Hope this helps ;)

Thats what I'm currently doing lol. I'm actually referring to someone I saw who was able to add the run as admin option to the list when you right-click the file. Thanks anyway! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.