jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Post about build 128 for the rollback

Build 127 (2011-07-15)

Added detection and removal of the ZeroAccess rootkit. Read our blog for more information.
Added kernel mode guard to block code injection attacks on Hitman Pro scan and removal process.
Added DACL monitor on Hitman Pro executable.
Added 'Follow us on Twitter' button on Welcome pane.
Added license information bar above the navigation buttons.
Added Proxy tab under Settings.
Fixed a bug regarding the auto activation of the free license.
Fixed several minor GUI issues.
Updated Swedish language.

Link

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We have begun reverting the accidental Free License activations from the back end.

1. Which licenses have been reverted
A. If you have used Hitman Pro on a machine BEFORE 2011-06-17 (build 124) then the Free License is deleted from the back end.

B. If you have used Hitman Pro FOR THE FIRST TIME on a computer BETWEEN 2011-06-17 and 2011-07-16 then your Free License could not be reverted. You may contact me for a license.

2. Return of the Free License button
Deleting a license from the back end doesn't bring back the Free License button.

You need to delete the HitmanPro.lic from your PC and restart Hitman Pro and go to the License tab under Settings.

The HitmanPro.lic file is located in the {LocalAppData} folder. This translates into the following folder:

XP C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Hitman Pro\
Vista C:\ProgramData\Hitman Pro\
Win7 C:\ProgramData\Hitman Pro\

We will release build 128 today so that you don't have to delete the HitmanPro.lic file manually.

NOTE: Only if your computer used Hitman Pro before 2011-06-17 (matching item 1A, see above) then you should delete the HitmanPro.lic. Otherwise you will be treated with an error mentioned in item 3 (see below).

3. What if the above did not work for me?
If you click the Free License button and get the "Your free trial period for Hitman Pro is expired." message box then your license (on that computer) was not eligible for the revert (the back end did not delete the activation). See also item 1 above.

Link

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Instructions worked perfectly. Deleted the license and when I opened
HMP, it was fixed.

Bo

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Trail license expired.
I didn't even activate the product.:shy:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    289.2 KB · Views: 1,115

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
Jack delete the license and when you reopen HMP the free license
will be available again. After doing so, my GUI changed from "Trial
license expired" to Application is not activated".
The fix works.

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.