Hitman Pro Alert v3.1.x (licensed version)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date

Would you buy HitmaPro Alert?

• Total voters
Product name
Hitman Pro Alert
Pros
  • - Light on system (30-40mb )
    - easy to use
    - complete exploit mitigations features
    - many very useful preventive features
    - integrate Hitman Pro malware scanner
CONS
- the malware scanner may gives you false positives
- must have the licensed version to enjoy it fully (all for free will be to easy lol)
BOTTOM LINE
HMPA is a must-have in term of exploit protection, in conjunction with its integrated malware scanner you have a robust protection against malwares. Its simplicity to use will not scare users from the beginners to the experts.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Tony Cole: Technically its correct.

Actually there are 2 main scenarios how a sandbox-aware malware works.

1) If it detects a presence of VM/Sandbox, it will not run and instead an error for the operation shown.
2) Meanwhile the second one, drops some mechanism which the sandbox have weak point at all per Malwarebytes answer.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Thanks James! Do you know if it's okay to use the Pro version (as I have a license key) with ESET v 9

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I cannot tell exactly as problem that arise from ESET version 9 beta before is occurred several months before with Hitman Pro Alert (Banking Protection); which for sure that's already fixed.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks James! Do you know if it's okay to use the Pro version (as I have a license key) with ESET v 9
I couldn't use Eset banking protection until i uninstalled HitmanPro.Alert i tried disabling all HitmanPro.Alert functions did not work i disabled background processes and service and still banking protection did not work, after i uninstalled HitmanPro.Alert it was working, don't know if the latest version fix that issue i switch to MBAE & Zemana AntiLogger.

Reactions: Hangtooth

floalma

Level 4
Verified
Apr 5, 2015
Doesn't work anymore for me. It freezed my screen so that I had to manually shut down. I uninstalled it, now I haven't anymore such troubles. I don't know what's happening with the latest versions. I like this program but I can't not more run this program.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
It is compatible with CIS? Running CIS on my laptop at the moment.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
@CMLew yes it is

as you can see ;

Chrome running sandboxed in Sandboxie (green border), with HMPA (the 3 colored notifications ) and Adguard (the little circle behind the HMPA notifications) protecting the browser while CIS is monitoring.

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
@CMLew yes it is

as you can see ;

Chrome running sandboxed in Sandboxie (green border), with HMPA (the 3 colored notifications ) and Adguard (the little circle behind the HMPA notifications) protecting the browser while CIS is monitoring.

Thanks @Umbra
Since I do not install Sanboxie, I guess mine should be easier. Any configuration need to be done like white-listing/exception for each other, etc??

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Thanks @Umbra
Since I do not install Sanboxie, I guess mine should be easier. Any configuration need to be done like white-listing/exception for each other, etc??

indeed, try to use it as normal, if there is a problem do this:

- HMPA must be added as Trusted in File Rating section of CIS (File Rating > File List > you have to add HMPA as trusted

- Add HMPA in CIS > HIPS Setting > Shellcode Injection exclusions > you have to add HMPA

let me know if those exclusions works, if not i will tell you more to do.

Reactions: Hangtooth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.