Troubleshoot Hitman Pro error code: 24

Mustika

Thread author
May 29, 2017
Hi, can you help me?

Today I installed the Hitman Pro 3.7.20 and haven't been successful in going through. I got an activation error. I opened the firewall in my computer and I don’t know what to do next. Any solutions over there?

Hitman Pro 3.7.20- Build 286

An error occred during the activation process (error code:24). Firewall software on your computer might be blocking the hitmanPro35.exe application. Please update your firewall rules to trust this application

(full network access).

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, can you help me?

Today I installed the Hitman Pro 3.7.20 and haven't been successful in going through. I got an activation error. I opened the firewall in my computer and I don’t know what to do next. Any solutions over there?

Hitman Pro 3.7.20- Build 286

An error occred during the activation process (error code:24). Firewall software on your computer might be blocking the hitmanPro35.exe application. Please update your firewall rules to trust this application

(full network access).
Try disabling your firewall during installation.
Afterwards, make an allow rule in your firewall, for HMP.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Hi, thanks for your responds..

btw do you know about mystarting123.com? How to remove it?
Probably some stupid program changed the home page of your browser. Go into your browser settings, and choose the home page of your choice.

Upvote 0

thanatos8877

Jun 5, 2018
I know that this old, but I was trying to find information about the activation error and got frustrated that I couldn't find anything concrete. Blindly turning off the firewall is not something that I can confidently suggest to friends and clients. I did a little more digging and found that the activation is attempting to go to:
http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx

On one specific client, I found that their router content filtering was blocking that domain. Adding it to the whitelist allowed activation.

Additionally, I found that OpenDNS categorizes this website as "Software/Technology, Business Services". If the client is enforcing OpenDNS category filters, this may also be the cause of the blocking.

I found that attempting to browse to the web address http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx was what helped me find the issue. Try that on the problematic computer. (Note: Even when the site http://activate.hitmanpro.nl/activaterequest.aspx displays correctly, all you get is "You do not have permission to view this directory or page.")

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.