Advice Request Hitman Pro Licence found on wiped/Reset PC

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michyon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2018
Hi guys, I am super worried/concerned about the license process of Hitman Pro.

So I completely wiped/reinstalled the OS on a machine using a different account to set it up. When downloading Trial version for 30 days of HMP, it detected a license and applied it. I am very worried about how it may have fingerprinted the PC. How can I fix it?

I am in a situation which requires extreme paranoid security. I am almost to the point of considering Linux now, I am creeped out.

I

illumination

If he completely wiped the system as he suggests above there would be no traces left over to identify. If a reset was conducted and files kept, this may be a possibility. Otherwise i would state it is more then likely recognizing the system.

Michyon

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2018
Sorry for the late response, I just reflashed my Windows OS (Again). So basically what happened is I did a full reformat of the disk the OS was on. So I think as someone said above, they are doing HW fingerprinting. Not that it's an issue, in itself but I Have a sensitive environment in which the email address was compromised. (I don't mind purchasing another license)

Reactions: JB007 and Weebarra
D

Deleted member 178

HMP products licensing include hardware recognition. the ID is stored in their servers i guess. it is why if you install HMP/HMPA offline it doesn't activate automatically, you have to enter the license key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.