Hitman Pro Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Eventhough HitMan wont remove malware after the trial is used up, I found it handy when I had a rogue a while back. I could not use the "delete" option via the line item drop down menu, so I simply clicked the same menu for "go to location" (something like that) and I manually deleted the folder and used the recycle bin for my quarantine. It seemed to work, because my Mozilla browser stopped crashing after a solid day of crashing.

Of course you must make absolutely sure these things that HitMan finds are not false positives, because HitMan Pro almost always finds false positives along with valid threats.

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Ive done this a few times too when it finds a left over malware registry key except i just saw the location and searched it up and deleted it, its just more manual work :p

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
ZOU1 said:
Eventhough HitMan wont remove malware after the trial is used up, I found it handy when I had a rogue a while back. I could not use the "delete" option via the line item drop down menu, so I simply clicked the same menu for "go to location" (something like that) and I manually deleted the folder and used the recycle bin for my quarantine. It seemed to work, because my Mozilla browser stopped crashing after a solid day of crashing.
Here are the graphic image of what you are describing...
cTzkh.png

Another useful tip here,would be to use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware File ASSASSIN to remove the malicious file (Start Malwarebytes > Go to the More Tools tab > Click on Run Tool > Browse to the malicious file location) because most of the times,the user won't be able to delete the file because it's running in real time...

KmCX5.png

ZOU1 said:
Of course you must make absolutely sure these things that HitMan finds are not false positives, because HitMan Pro almost always finds false positives along with valid threats.
TIP: When you are not sure if a file is safe or not , click on the down arrow of the detected file and select Tools and then VirusTotal... The file will be uploaded to Virustotal.com and you'll be able to have a clear verdict on the file.

o4xkr.png

Reactions: Koroke San

anitac

Nov 29, 2011
Or you can disconnect from the internet and run an EWS scan. (recommended only for advanced users) Now it will remove the malware without a licence!

Gnosis

Level 5
Thread author
Apr 26, 2011
Excellent follow up Jack! I really like the file assassin idea to enhance manual deletion. I was not aware of the Virus Total drop down item either. Sweet.

Or you can disconnect from the internet and run an EWS scan. (recommended only for advanced users) Now it will remove the malware without a licence!

I am aware of EWS, but I was not aware of what you recommend. I will have to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.