Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
We've just released HitmanPro 3.6.0 build 146 to the public.

All existing 3.5.x and 3.6 users are updated automatically to this build in the next couple of days.

Changelog (compared to build 13

Support for Windows 8 Consumer Preview.
IMPROVED: Crusader malware removal engine.
Added Crusader kernel assist to prevent malware watchdogs to redeploy.
IMPROVED: Removal of new 64-bit variant of ZeroAccess (aka Sirefef).
This new variant re-infects the SubSystems registry key on reboot using Netsvcs.
IMPROVED: Winsock LSP repair.
IMPROVED: Remnant scan.
IMPROVED: Authenticode classifier.
IMPROVED: Hosts file repair. Now detects BOM obfuscation.
More info: http://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/arch...her-story.aspx
FIXED: VirusTotal integration. Now uses Public API version 2.0.
More info: https://www.virustotal.com/documentation/public-api/
UPDATED: Tracking cookies now show browser icon (IE, Firefox, Chrome).
UPDATED: Scheduler.
UPDATED: Embedded black lists.
UPDATED: Embedded white lists.
UPDATED: Language strings.
INFO: Version 3.5 is automatically upgraded to 3.6 in the next couple of days.
INFO: Hitman Pro is called HitmanPro. On Twitter use #HitmanPro.
Several other minor improvements.

Link

Note its dated on March 1st, 2012

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
You may want to have a look at my post over here and the one which precedes it, just in case.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
blues said:
You may want to have a look at my post over here and the one which precedes it, just in case.
Hey blues, I think HMP has been going the "buggy" way as of late, that's why I uninstalled it about 3 months ago when an upgrade of the program made Explorer crash on XP systems.

I think you should have investigated the files before deleting them. As a rule, strictly followed when I was using an antivirus, I would never delete OR quarantine any file before investigating.

Bo

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
bo.elam said:
blues said:
Hey blues, I think HMP has been going the "buggy" way as of late, that's why I uninstalled it about 3 months ago when an upgrade of the program made Explorer crash on XP systems.

I think you should have investigated the files before deleting them. As a rule, strictly followed when I was using an antivirus, I would never delete OR quarantine any file before investigating.

Bo

Thanks. I did. The problem was in the "removal" moreso than whether the remnants were valid.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
blues said:
Thanks. I did. The problem was in the "removal" moreso than whether the remnants were valid.
Gotcha man.

I got something for you, look at post 51.
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Wish-You-Were-Here-60-s-70-s-80-s-Best-Classic-Rock-on-YouTube?page=6

Bo

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.