Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello all,

This thread has been quiet for some time. This was mainly due to we have been working on HitmanPro 3.6. A lot has changed internally (compared to 3.5) and a few major features have been added:

Added Scanning for Malware Remnants.
This feature crawls the File System and Registry for common malware related paths (files, folders, keys).
Added Scheduler (hmpsched.exe) to allow scanning Daily, At Startup, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun at specific times.
Added detection for infected Volume Boot Record.
Added detection for files signed with weak Authenticode signatures (RSA 512-bit keys).
See also: http://blog.fox-it.com/2011/11/21/rs...d-in-the-wild/
Added third opinion scan using VirusTotal.
To use this feature you enter your personal VirusTotal Public API Key on the Advanced tab under Settings.
Added chevrons to highlight items in the result list that are running [PID] or start by [Run], [Service] or [Driver].
Reworked several areas of the user interface, including a polished new Logo.
Tons of other stuff ... A more complete list will be posted tomorrow.

attachment.php

Link

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Refer to this post by the developer which contains public download links to the BETA.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1977438&postcount=3644

As quoted by the developer.

Do not run this build in a production environment.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hitman Pro has it share of FP but it never flagged a suspicious file for removal , the default action has been Ignore.I've seen some detection from Hitman Pro who were generate only from the PrevEx databse so for me it's a loss in detection.

Here are the direct download links for Hitman Pro 3.6 build 133 BETA:
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36beta.exe
http://dl.surfright.nl/HitmanPro36beta_x64.exe

Just downloaded this beta release , and I must say that the new UI looks definitely better :

1kA33.png

iVWAy.png

VcPs8.png

6Cshu.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Their GUI is really more slicker and like the newly logo. For Surfright they can borrow another engine that can lessen the flagged of FP's.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
An explanation by markloman (developer)

Since I am responsible for this, please allow me to explain.

Yes, we have stopped using the beloved Prevx because of the extremely low detection rate of their Prevx cloud, especially on zero-day malware (which is what HitmanPro encounters most, as a second opinion scanner). From our own real-world statistics (detections of malware on over 1 million scanned computers, from January 2011 to July 2011), the Prevx cloud detection had dropped to 7.7% in July.

Of course we made them aware. The main reason for the drop in detection is that the Prevx team was purchased by Webroot and needed to switch their entire focus on building a completely new 'Prevx 4' cloud (for Webroot SecureAnywhere), which is (obviously) not the cloud we are using. Personally, I really love the Prevx team and even though their 'Prevx 3' cloud wasn't helping our users anymore, we kept using it for a few months. But we ultimately had to make a business decision and drop the use of Prevx. Their new 'Prevx 4' cloud is currently not available for third parties.

Link

D

Deleted member 178

They use Emsisoft home engine + Ikarus = EAM inside. Very good choice.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Currently Hitman Pro 3.6 is in Release Candidate

Hitman Pro 3.6.0 RC Build 136 (Release Candidate)

This is a release candidate. This means that this build will upgrade an existing installed Hitman Pro 3.5 to HitmanPro 3.6. In addition, the release candidate will update itself to the final (when available), whereas the beta will not. So beta users, please update your executable to this one.

More Information

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Hello all,

With great pleasure I announce the release of HitmanPro 3.6:
http://hitmanpro.wordpress.com/2011/12/23/hitmanpro-3-6/

I want to thank everybody in this thread for their contribution that brought us from beta to final. A lot of work lies ahead of us to fill the Remnant Cloud and everybody can expect much more (cloud based) features in 2012.

I which everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Best regards,
Erik Loman

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.