HitmanPro (30 day trial) VS MalwareBytes 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

viel

Thread author
Hello,
My premium trial for Malwarebytes is done in 2 days and I am thinking of the 30 days trial of HitmanPro.. I might buy it! :)

Should I keep the free version of Malwarebytes 3? or should I get the free version of HitmanPro? Which one is better?

Thanks! :)

PS: If I cannot afford the HitmanPro Paid version I WILL get the free version of Malwarebytes 3!

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hitman Pro, by far.
Malwarebytes free becomes an on-demand scanner once Premium runs out, and it's not a good scanner unless you want to get rid of PUPs

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Hello,
My premium trial for Malwarebytes is done in 2 days and I am thinking of the 30 days trial of HitmanPro.. I might buy it! :)

Should I keep the free version of Malwarebytes 3? or should I get the free version of HitmanPro? Which one is better?

Thanks! :)

PS: If I cannot afford the HitmanPro Paid version I WILL get the free version of Malwarebytes 3!

I would not aim at just buying HitmanPro. You should look into HitmanPro.Alert. Comes with real-time protection, anti-exploit, Online Banking Protection, Keystroke Encryption and other features as with on demand HitmanPro scanning.

Best option HitmanPro.Alert.

Reactions: frogboy

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
I would not aim at just buying HitmanPro. You should look into HitmanPro.Alert. Comes with real-time protection, anti-exploit, Online Banking Protection, Keystroke Encryption and other features as with on demand HitmanPro scanning.

Best option HitmanPro.Alert.
only closed beta has realtime protection, current stable builds are only anti-exploit.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016

If you cant afford HMP then just consider Zemana free for on-demand scans... if you can afford it buy HMP.A but wait for the stable release of version 3.7, its anti-malware is quite good.

ispx

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 21, 2017
zemana is your best bet. personally i would recommend zemana over hitman pro.

zemana keeps having giveaways, if you are lucky you might get an annual subscription for free.

sophos home is good undoubtedly but with sophos home there is nothing you can do from the computer it is installed on.

for the settings you will have to login to the my account page on the sophos website.

malwarebytes is way too over hyped in my opinion.

i was testing a ransomware which was right away blocked by windows defender & also flagged by zemana but malwarebytes gave it a clean chit :eek:

Reactions: AtlBo

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
If you are not going to spend money, HitmanPro is a much better scanner.
If you are going to buy one of those, HitmanPro has no real time protection, so I have to say Mbam is better even though I dont like it in its newer versions.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
If you are not going to spend money, HitmanPro is a much better scanner.
If you are going to buy one of those, HitmanPro has no real time protection, so I have to say Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is better even though I dont like it in its newer versions.
or buy Hitman Pro Alert and wait for the beta version to be pushed to stable with Real-time protection

Reactions: brod56
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.