Q&A HitmanPro.Alert Blocking a Program

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
Aug 4, 2016
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Kaspersky
HitMan Pro.Alert -- I fear this is posted incorrectly & in the wrong place, if so I am sorry - I've been using HitmanPro.Alert for a few months but having issues with it blocking O&O SafeErase I use for deleting some semi-confidential files, but which really could do with overwriting. I have added O&O to 'Exploit Mitigations/Exclude yet still at a time HitMan feels inclined O&O is blocked & the delete fails. I have tried adding each & every file in the O&O folder to no avail. I did try using a free program 'Eraser' yet I have the same results. Anyone else had a similar issue? All other programs added to exclude have worked fine.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 57
Jul 3, 2015
Operating System
Windows 10
Installed Antivirus
Default-Deny
HitMan Pro.Alert -- I fear this is posted incorrectly & in the wrong place, if so I am sorry - I've been using HitmanPro.Alert for a few months but having issues with it blocking O&O SafeErase I use for deleting some semi-confidential files, but which really could do with overwriting. I have added O&O to 'Exploit Mitigations/Exclude yet still at a time HitMan feels inclined O&O is blocked & the delete fails. I have tried adding each & every file in the O&O folder to no avail. I did try using a free program 'Eraser' yet I have the same results. Anyone else had a similar issue? All other programs added to exclude have worked fine.
Best to post on the official support thread:
HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread
If I remember right, this is a known problem.