Advice Request HitmanPro.Alert Blocking a Program

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
HitMan Pro.Alert -- I fear this is posted incorrectly & in the wrong place, if so I am sorry - I've been using HitmanPro.Alert for a few months but having issues with it blocking O&O SafeErase I use for deleting some semi-confidential files, but which really could do with overwriting. I have added O&O to 'Exploit Mitigations/Exclude yet still at a time HitMan feels inclined O&O is blocked & the delete fails. I have tried adding each & every file in the O&O folder to no avail. I did try using a free program 'Eraser' yet I have the same results. Anyone else had a similar issue? All other programs added to exclude have worked fine.

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
HitMan Pro.Alert -- I fear this is posted incorrectly & in the wrong place, if so I am sorry - I've been using HitmanPro.Alert for a few months but having issues with it blocking O&O SafeErase I use for deleting some semi-confidential files, but which really could do with overwriting. I have added O&O to 'Exploit Mitigations/Exclude yet still at a time HitMan feels inclined O&O is blocked & the delete fails. I have tried adding each & every file in the O&O folder to no avail. I did try using a free program 'Eraser' yet I have the same results. Anyone else had a similar issue? All other programs added to exclude have worked fine.
Best to post on the official support thread:
HitmanPro.ALERT Support and Discussion Thread
If I remember right, this is a known problem.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
What alert does it show when HMP.A blocks the program? Is it cryptoguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.