App Review HitmanPro Alert vs a Keylogger

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
nice review, just a question @cruelsister what do you think about zemana products? premium ver will mess up all typed info no matter if is a browser or not, but i have not tested against real keylogger, can you please tell me?
I tested zemana premium, by using the spyshelter test tool. Zemana didn't do well. (my system is windows 10 pro x64). But Keyscrambler did well. I tested it by typing into my password manager, LastPass, and logging into my bank account. The password was successfully scrambled.
Keyscrambler, the one-trick-pony, is being updated all the time, but I think zemana is lagging behind with the updates.

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
I hope to ask another question here to anyone familiar with keystroke encryption:
Would a keystroke encrypter influence the performance of gamers in games highly dependent on keyboard operations?
Thanks.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
don't know, but with keyscrambler, you can just toggle off the encrypter, using a keyboard shortcut.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
I tested zemana premium, by using the spyshelter test tool. Zemana didn't do well. (my system is windows 10 pro x64).
Zemana doesn't support Windows 10 :) test it on win7-8. I am using Zemana AntiLogger with Keyscrambler on win7 and it works very well.

Reactions: frogboy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Zemana doesn't support Windows 10 :) test it on win7-8. I am using Zemana AntiLogger with Keyscrambler on win7 and it works very well.
@Stas, Why do you use both? Doesn't Zemana include all of Keyscrambler's functions?

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
1. Run Notepad.

2. Open Alert GUI. Eg. double click on HitmanPro.Alert's tray icon

3. Switch to Advanced Interface (via the gear icon at the top right of the main GUI).

4. Click on the blue tile, choose Running Applications

5. Click on Notepad icon in the listview

6. Choose "Other" template from the popup menu

7. Restart Notepad, its keystrokes are now protected

Note that most password managers are standard protected by Alert.

Hope this helps.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Hi, @Erik Loman . Nice to see you here.:)
In the past, I made a post in wilderssecurity for a problem of HMP.A.
Particularly, I found that the keystroke encryption of HMP.A cannot support East Asian Characters like Spyshelter and KeyScrambler.
I hope to know whether this problem would be solved.

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Why do you use both? Doesn't Zemana include all of Keyscrambler's functions?
No AntiLogger software will protect you 100% Keyscrambler Personal is free extra layer protection in case Zemana fails.

Erik Loman

From SurfRight
Verified
Developer
Jan 27, 2015
Hi, @Erik Loman . Nice to see you here.:)
In the past, I made a post in wilderssecurity for a problem of HMP.A.
Particularly, I found that the keystroke encryption of HMP.A cannot support East Asian Characters like Spyshelter and KeyScrambler.
I hope to know whether this problem would be solved.
We are working on support for East Asian Characters.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm testing Kaspersky 2016 upcoming MR1 (Maintenance Release 1) and compatibility with both applications and still has issues, I'm sending reports/traces to Kaspersky Labs in every new beta of HMPA 3 and every new beta of KTS2016MR1, I hope in the end both products will work together like MBAE 1.08 :)

Reactions: XhenEd and upnorth

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.