App Review HitManPro Alert vs Ransomware

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

brod56

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
hi miss, thanks for the test, I needed it
poor score for hitman pro alert, I wanted to use it again after 1 year
but never again!:p
I wanna know how they protect Pixar, Under Armour, Northrop Grumman, Xerox, Ford, Avis, and Toshiba.:p

Do you really consider missing 2 zero-day samples a bad result?
If you are expecting a perfect product, your only solution is a default-deny software (and even those can be exploited sometimes, see Voodoshield with WinRar some weeks ago).
There is no perfect solution....

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Do you really consider missing 2 zero-day samples a bad result?
If you are expecting a perfect product, your only solution is a default-deny software (and even those can be exploited sometimes, see Voodoshield with WinRar some weeks ago).
There is no perfect solution....
Winantiransom would probably catch them all. Almost never fails against ransomwares but in an exchange of false positives

cruelsister

Level 42
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
It really wasn't a bad result, but it is important to note that HMPA isn't as perfect as so many believe. The good thing is that the Loman boys probably will be working on a new build that addresses the issues- this has been the typical response after bypass videos.

Amelith- No, these are not zero-days. They are the same (except for the two changes noted in the video) as I used for the two previous videos on RanStop and AppCheck. The good thing about testing anti-ransomware apps is that they act by detecting mechanisms and not by detecting the ransomware itself (by SHA-256). So it really does not matter if the malware are new or old as HMPA would be oblivious to it (but all of these are about 3 weeks old).

Shmu- I really think that as a specific anti-ramsomware application Ransomoff may soon get the crown; and if they included a Backup/Restore function it would be there already (HINT HINT, Helig!!!).

Av Gurus

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Sep 22, 2014

Can't unchecked AV module?

cis.png

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Can't unchecked AV module?

View attachment 146756
I think they fixed that. A few versions ago, I could deselect AV module
now only comodo firewall doesn't have AV, only online installer available

Pretty much like Voodoshield then. I can confirm some false positives in my daily usage (mainly installations or updates - command lines in the back, etc) but yeah I don't mind it.
true true. VS is enough and we don't need WAR. VS has a broad spectrum while WAR only protects against ransomwares (very strong) and certain types of malwares (so-so)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.