Not open for further replies.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Now any computer user can easily remove ransomware from their PC.
Take back control, Kickstart your PC!

HitmanPro.Kickstart is the solution against police ransomware and other persistent malware that has taken your computer hostage or prevents normal computer use.

When your PC has been infected with ransomware you see a message, supposedly from the police, FBI or other authorities, demanding that a fine must be paid in order to unlock the computer. Payment is done via prepaid cards from Ukash, MoneyPak or Paysafecard.

hitmanprokickstart600x4.jpg

Once ransomware has become active on your system, it pops up every time you restart your system and blocks access to your desktop. There is no way to start your antivirus program, or any other program, to try and remove this nasty piece of software.

So how do you get rid of this malware?
HitmanPro.Kickstart

All you need to do is boot up your system with the help of the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive. The programs on the flash drive will make sure that you boot into your own familiar Windows environment and start HitmanPro there. All the required drivers for your devices and all wireless network passwords (who can remember them?) will be readily available. There is no need to become familiar with the tools of other operating systems, like for instance Linux.

HitmanPro.Kickstart bypasses the ransomware and guides you through the process to remove the ransomware quickly and easily. No manual tasks are required, everyone can use HitmanPro.Kickstart. It only takes a few minutes to free your computer from ransomware.

More Info & Downloads

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Very Nice. HitMan Pro's team is doing a good job of staying pro-active.

P

Plexx

It is good to see HMP going boot disk route.

Only issue I have is this:
Easy to use by non-technical computer user

Kaspersky, DrWeb, Comodo for example are easy to use as well to a new user.

Nevertheless a handy tool to have.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
good job surfright! thanks for the heads up white nobster! ;)

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
Kaspersky, DrWeb, Comodo for example are easy to use as well to a new user.

I prefer Dr. Web. When you burn the fresh .ISO, it has up-to-date signatures included. My wireless connection will not function when I boot with puppy/baby Linux, so it is handy. I have noticed that I cannot get the Dr. Web desktop to come up in graphic mode though. I can use everything else. I don't know what is up with that. I re-downloaded Dr. Web Live and no change.
I run the command line scanner.

P

Plexx

Configuring my wireless with puppy linux is a pain as it is (at least for me).

Burning ISOs with updated signatures is more recommended to the average user since all they need to do is being instructed in where to download, how to burn and how to boot. This is also my preference as opposed to HMP Kickstart approach to connect to the internet.

As for Dr Web, most of the times I have used was the command line scanner but I have used the graphic mode on occasions where I simply couldn't be bothered to work too hard (occasions when I am called out of nowhere to help and I am in a middle of something, despite getting the job done).

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I just got the HitmanPro newsletter in my email inbox, have to buy a new flash stick as it says that it will erase all data from the flash drive. A few dollars well spent!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Does it provide unlimited removal for free?

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Tried Kickstart and works pretty good... the only problem that I can report is that sometimes HitmanPro will not manage to detect the malicious file and will not be able to remove the lock screen, so it has its limitation.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Jack said:
Tried Kickstart and works pretty good... the only problem that I can report is that sometimes HitmanPro will not manage to detect the malicious file and will not be able to remove the lock screen, so it has its limitation.

Thanx

acme

Level 1
Apr 29, 2012
I put the flash drive in and followed the instructions but came back 'FAILED' :huh: Using 3.7 version. Can't be that hard to load a flash drive. Any ideas????

Thanks

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
So you have created a USB with HitmanPro Kickstart on it, then inserted this stick in the infected computer and pressed F11 before the Windows logo right?
Did you get passed the below screen?
f1ug7.jpg

acme

Level 1
Apr 29, 2012
Jack said:
So you have created a USB with HitmanPro Kickstart on it, then inserted this stick in the infected computer and pressed F11 before the Windows logo right?
Did you get passed the below screen?
f1ug7.jpg

No, I couldn't load the Flash Drive, but I got it programed on it finally :dodgy: Just had to wiggle the drive and it worked :s

Thanks for the reply.....

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
acme said:
No, I couldn't load the Flash Drive, but I got it programed on it finally :dodgy: Just had to wiggle the drive and it worked :s

Good to see everything worked out... What are you trying to remove? :p

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Hmm maybe I will get it then. Thanks to Stranger I have an HMP key. I use Kaspersky rescue disk.
Actually most of the time boot scan from Avast is enough.
I have used Bitdefender rescue mode to remove some trojans and used Safe mode +GMER too remove the rootkit.
Will post my results with Win8

From what I am reading I can conclude its specifically targeted at Ransomwares. Is my assumption right or can it remove other forms of viruses too. What about Rootkits. At least I have seen more cases of them, than Ransomwares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.