Battle HitmanPro or Malwarebytes

zer0underscore

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2018
Hello, I am currently running Bitdefender total security 2018 + malwarebytes, I know that malwarebytes isn't the best anti-malware solution so I've been wondering do I switch to hitman pro, is it redundant to have hitman pro + bitdefender, thanks in advance

lowdetection

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
Hitman Pro, could be your second opinion scanner, given the fact that adoct also the Early Warning Score, could be a good ondemand scanner to have alongside a main protection,

In my rank of ondemand scanners take the first place, followed by Roguekiller, and Emsisoft,

is a good practice to use more than one demand scanner, sadly, even if I have a lifetime for Zemana, the lack of updates and potentially vulnerability make me step away from their product, in the past was really good.

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
HMP is only a secondary scanner (ie Not Real Time), so no, there would be no redundancy.

But regarding your current setup- do you have MB in Free mode (2nd opinion only) or Paid (Real-time)? As a 2nd opinion scan keeping MB on your system won't hurt anything, and you can have fun wasting time by doing a scan. If, however, you have MB in Paid Real time mode I suggest you uninstall it as it adds nothing to BD TS except a false sense of security.

maka

Level 1
Verified
Jul 1, 2018
In my opinion Bloatware Anti-malware (Malwarebytes) pro not worth it. Better use the free version.
As advice HMP.Alert (not HMP since you have BDTS). If you need a second opinion scanner: ESET online scanner, MBAM free...

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Hitman Pro, could be your second opinion scanner, given the fact that adoct also the Early Warning Score, could be a good ondemand scanner to have alongside a main protection,

In my rank of ondemand scanners take the first place, followed by Roguekiller, and Emsisoft,

is a good practice to use more than one demand scanner, sadly, even if I have a lifetime for Zemana, the lack of updates and potentially vulnerability make me step away from their product, in the past was really good.
What's Roguekiller like?

~LDogg

yitworths

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
May 31, 2015
Malwarebytes has ruined itself, don't go for malwarebytes. & regarding hitman pro, are you talking about HMP.Alert? as hitman pro paid is quite redundant imo.

you may try srcureAplus or voodooshield.

Reactions: Weebarra

zer0underscore

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jun 30, 2018
HMP is only a secondary scanner (ie Not Real Time), so no, there would be no redundancy.

But regarding your current setup- do you have MB in Free mode (2nd opinion only) or Paid (Real-time)? As a 2nd opinion scan keeping MB on your system won't hurt anything, and you can have fun wasting time by doing a scan. If, however, you have MB in Paid Real time mode I suggest you uninstall it as it adds nothing to BD TS except a false sense of security.
I have it as a second opinion scanner, and if I got you correctly there's no point in switching to hitman pro?

Reactions: Weebarra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.