HKU-S-1-5-21

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
Hi,

I found the virus HKU-S-1-5-21 on my pc thanks to Spybot Search and Destroy, after all the other tools either couldn't identify it or were blocked by the virus. I've tried to remove the infection many times but apparently it comes back, attacking different system files every time.

I couldn't run FRST but here are the result of my latest scan with Spybot (some minutes ago). It's the only programme detecting the virus, but the whole system is terribly slow and I can't even open the start menu -I have already tried the keyboard shortcut.

I have been trying to fix it for 12 hours now and I have absolutely no clue of what to do... will I have to format my pc? :'(

Thank you in advance for your support!

Attachments

• Scan Results.160725-0014.txt
    8.6 KB · Views: 2

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

x5o4gh.png

• It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
Done. Here are the two files.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    105.5 KB · Views: 2

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
I should add that I never use Internet Explorer, and I haven't used it lately either.

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
The start button doesn't work (neither the icon nor the keyboard button), all the writings (filenames, bookmarks etc) look blurry, I cannot access the settings (only the control panel), all the programmes have disappeared from my windows bar and I cannot find many of the programmes when I press windows+r.

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
I cannot access the start menu (neither from the desktop nor from the keyboard button), I cannot open the settings, all writings (desktop icons, firefox bookmarks etc) are blurry, things like the Language bar disappeared from my windows bar and windows 10 ran a strange update leading to all this after the virus was detected again by spybot. All this before I wrote to you of course.
Thanks for your supporto, I'm looking forward to more directions.

Bea25

Thread author
Jul 24, 2016
(Sorry for the double posting, I got a notification my comment hadn't been posted ^^")

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.