Hola

Are you old enough, and if so do you remember xtree gold?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I’m ___ and from
North America
Age group
21 - 30
Last known PC infection
Over 5 years ago or never
Fav. Web Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Fav. Antivirus
Honestly, Anything above defender is overkill or bloat. ;) I do use VMs to test suspicious files though.
Fav. Videogame
Cant narrow to 1, But among the top: Mass Effect (full series) drew me in. Bioshock series too. Many Valve games too.

Strykerraven

Thread author
May 5, 2016
Hi all, I figured I would make an introduction post so here I am. I couldn't answer the OS battle question fairly because both Windows and Linux have their advantages. I lean more Windows but that's because the others in my household only use Windows and I am the guy fixing everything so I know it well. Linux I can be considered a novice but am learning. I like Arch Linux's concept of install only what you want. I do not like Ubuntu because it feels like bloat. I skipped windows 8 for that reason as well and went straight from 7 to 10. 10 had a lot more bloat to deal with but it has grown on me and I do consider it better than 7. I grew up with Windows starting around 3. 1 when it ran on DOS. I am a strong supporter of FOSS (Free Open Source Software) and linux has that appeal to me.

I work on many computers of friends and so on. I have experience with many different operating systems and plan to turn my HDD dock and one of my hard drives into an installer similar to a flash drive you would use something like win2flash for. Not sure if this site will lead me in that direction but it has a lot of other software that will interest me (such as portable apps). With that said I will leave you with a poll to vote on.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
30dldno.png

Post your security config here: Security Configuration Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.