homercole is buying a new pc.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

homercole

Thread author
Dec 5, 2011
I am thinking of buying a refurbished Alien gaming computer..But before buying it I need to know your reviews about it and also what configuration I should look upon..Need suggestion.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
homercole said:
I am thinking of buying a refurbished Alien gaming computer..But before buying it I need to know your reviews about it and also what configuration I should look upon..Need suggestion.

Could you tell us what you will do wit the machine?

I have looked a bit on these type of machines and I must say that I almost find it better if you buy a new one; the refurbished maybe cheaper but not better and sometime not even worth the price.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Im not a big fan of Alienware gaming computers. Last time my friend had one it kept breaking down and he was always spending money on it.

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
I wouldn't buy alienware, for there price i could build my own system for cheaper and has the same specs or maybe higher

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
I bought an Alienware many years ago and have absolutely no complaints.

In fact, after owning it for several years, the motherboard crapped out. (turns out that the board had a bad chipset run, and I surprised them because mine lasted considerably longer than most of them...) I called support completely expecting to have them want a lot of money because it was out of warranty, but I had the surprise of my life.

The mobo's they now carried weren't compatible with most of my components. They ended up replacing everything but the HD and optical drives, and even installed a newer version of Windows. (Win 98) I didn't pay a single penny, (not even shipping) and got basically a brand new machine that was even faster than my old one. :)

Nathan Wootton

Level 1
May 25, 2011
HeffeD said:
I bought an Alienware many years ago and have absolutely no complaints.

In fact, after owning it for several years, the motherboard crapped out. (turns out that the board had a bad chipset run, and I surprised them because mine lasted considerably longer than most of them...) I called support completely expecting to have them want a lot of money because it was out of warranty, but I had the surprise of my life.

The mobo's they now carried weren't compatible with most of my components. They ended up replacing everything but the HD and optical drives, and even installed a newer version of Windows. (Win 98) I didn't pay a single penny, (not even shipping) and got basically a brand new machine that was even faster than my old one. :)

Yes because of an error on there part, i'm sure they've made sure it won't happen again because of the loss margin.

Still as i said above easier to build your own pc cheaper plus you learn some knowledge along the way wich is allways handy ;)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
No, it wasn't an error on their part. The error was with the manufacturer of the motherboard. (ASUS)

P

Plexx

Alienware has always been expensive. For desktops they are great tho. For Laptops, well my friend had issues with MX18 3 times. First hard disk, then Graphics Card and then MoBo... Alienware suspected overheating...

I personally do not like the design of the MX series for laptops.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
biozfear said:
Alienware has always been expensive. For desktops they are great tho. For Laptops, well my friend had issues with MX18 3 times. First hard disk, then Graphics Card and then MoBo... Alienware suspected overheating...

I personally do not like the design of the MX series for laptops.

Clevo are good not that expensive.

P

Plexx

Are there any retailers for Clevo in UK by any chance?

Can't seem to find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.