On Sale! Horizon Rollback RX (new version 11) 50% discount $34.50 USD

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Sorry, But that is just a matter of opinion

You can upgrade Windows without having to shut Macrium down, can't do that with Roll back.
Who cares that system snapshots have to be taken manually with Macrium? I'd rather do mine manually anyway, at least I know I am getting the snapshot(s) I want.
Macrium is also not running in my system tray constantly sucking on my system resources waiting on the next time it will take a snapshot, a snapshot that I will PROBABLY never use, Yeah so I have to make 3 or 4 clicks for a snapshot, it's not a big deal.

Macrium doesn't slow down my boot time also like Rollback does.
I can restore my system with a Macrium snapshot in less than a minute from start to finish, If Rollback does it faster (although it never did for me) then bravo!

Umm, No, it's not a good deal.
Pay for Macrium once, upgrade it for life, major version or not.
Or
One can try this as a Rollback alternative, Flashback is X64 rebranded, even at FULL price is still cheaper than Rollback WITH a 50% discount, LMAO!:
FLASHBACK by Xeroweight – Snapshot Imaging Backup – Simplest backup and restore software for Windows suitable for the everday man.

It is obvious from your participation in the thread that you're getting too emotionally involved in this here discussion.

You're not going to convince nor prove to any of us that use RBRx extensively that it isn't what we say it is. Same goes for Macrium.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

A bit out of topic.
If you don't like a company's product why do you hate the company?
I just don't get it.
You don't like the company's software or the company for whatever reason sale policy,support etc. just move to another one.
There are so many companies which offer similar products.
No need to hate just move forward.
As for RBRX i like it because it's easy to use but there are some issues on SSD.
Mine isn't so much about the TRIM but the small capacity of my SSD only 120 GB.
If i could save the snapshot to an external device it would be great.
Sorry for my of topic answer.

Because some people don't like the people running the company and what those people do. Cylance is a famous example. And I can understand how some might have a real issue with Horizon DataSys. Afterall, they basically used semantics and syntax to lie about SSD TRIM instead of just openly stating that it didn't work while RBRx protections are enabled. Some people stick to their principles and are short activists... putting up backlash against such stuff.

I don't particularly like what HDS has done a number of times. However, I still use RBRx because there is no alternative that even comes close to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: scot and tonibalas

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Seeing as this is turning into a general chat about Rollback RX, does anyone know if Macrium captures Rollback snapshots when saving images ? The last thing I read was that it didn’t and, even it did, any such backup would probably be unstable.

It doesn't. Rollback's data and snasphots is encrypted, so Macrium and other disk imagers will see it as a massive chunk of data and not much else.

As for Rollback and Horizon DataSys. I use Version 11 and like it. They offer the annual maintenance to help save money on the upgrades but if you don't want to then you don't have to pay for it and buy licenses as you need them.

This is why I'll always look into what upgrade options are available and choose the one that works for me. Dealing with plenty of software companies, not all of them give options so at least there's that.

Reactions: tonibalas

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.