• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Dan Pollock, MVPS & hpHosts.

Can anyone tell me all the 3 hosts details i.e what all the 3 hosts blocking contains i.e ads, tracking, malware, social networking, etc...?

Reactions: Logethica

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Dan Pollock - Using a Hosts File To Make The Internet Not Suck (as much)

upload_2015-8-23_11-53-7.png

hpHosts - Official hpHosts Support Forums • Index page

Ads
Tracking
Malware
Social Networking

It's not difficult to figure out what they are blocking, just look at the Hosts files details.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
So any experience/info which one would be better...like low FPs i.e blocking legit sites, content, etc...?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Not exactly what you are asking, but this will do the same thing that you want. Fanboys ultimate list, an addition to.........Adblock Plus - Surf the web without annoying ads!
Fanboy Adblock Homepage
Thanxx for the link. These are not in Hosts format.
I am trying to use Comodo Internet Security Web Filter. Lists in Hosts format can be used in CIS. Dont know how to use lists that are not in Hosts format or is possible or not with CIS?

I tried hpHosts. Everything was fine but removing the lists takes very long time i.e more than 30 mins. Tried 3 times with the same results. Guess coz the lists is huge.

S

Smith83

Thread author
Only reason I linked you to that...... does the same thing you need. I have never used Comodo so not sure about that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.