How an AI tool can crack your passwords

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
I’ve never had issues with password managers security, for me most of them are iffy when it comes to heuristics for detecting similarities across websites (for example account.website.com and login.website.com being the same). In this relation, the Apple password manager has always been the best as it detects similarities across websites and even apps.
For example logging in on app and later going on the website, the saved password is suggested.

Not sure what improvements other password managers have done now in this direction.

Since Bitdefender now charges extra for the password manager, it better be good.

Many years ago I used the Norton one (it used to be called Norton Confidential and then Norton Identity Safe). It was generally OK.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
I’ve never had issues with password managers security, for me most of them are iffy when it comes to heuristics for detecting similarities across websites (for example account.website.com and login.website.com being the same). In this relation, the Apple password manager has always been the best as it detects similarities across websites and even apps.
For example logging in on app and later going on the website, the saved password is suggested.

Not sure what improvements other password managers have done now in this direction.

Since Bitdefender now charges extra for the password manager, it better be good.

Many years ago I used the Norton one (it used to be called Norton Confidential and then Norton Identity Safe). It was generally OK.
I use Bitwarden. Opensource and i like the company.

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
As Artificial Intelligence becomes increasingly prevalent in various industries, it is also infiltrating our daily lives, including website chatbots and decisions about map data. However, the use of AI has recently raised security concerns, particularly in password protection.

PassGAN AI, a password-generative adversarial network, is a two-part system that has a "Generative Network" that generates passwords likely to be used by the average person and a "Discriminator Network" that compares the generated password against real passwords from the leaked data. The discriminator network trains the generative network to create better and more accurate passwords.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.