Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Apr 29, 2019
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
slow pc
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
none
I just found that Comodo have an Autorun manager, accessible from KillSwitch, so I found out this situation, how bad is it? I read that CCleaner is no longer needed since Windows has disk cleaning tool, but how do I get rid of all this garbage easy and securely?

b20c32ea.jpg

Reactions: RoboMan

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I just found that Comodo have an Autorun manager, accessible from KillSwitch, so I found out this situation, how bad is it? I read that CCleaner is no longer needed since Windows has disk cleaning tool, but how do I get rid of all this garbage easy and securely?

b20c32ea.jpg
It looks to me like normal autoruns for Windows components and some of your installed programs. I never used Comodo's autorun tool, but it looks very similar to the sysinternals tool of the same name. Just untick whatever you don't want to run. You can see the path, so you can delete, too, if you so wish. But my advice is to think twice or three times before you do that.

Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
It's a great tool. If you launch it as admin, you can really get control over what programs and services start up.
Often, you can just disable the autoruns for a program that you don't want to use right now, without having to uninstall it. That trick sometimes produces unexpected behavior, but it often works.

Upvote 0

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
This tool is perhaps very useful for some users but...like whole history of Comodo...has a bit controversional history of development. I think it's worth to know what was happened in the past and then have better view on curent state of Comodo and its apps. And...who will ask why some people dislike Comodo? :)
And from Polish pages

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.