How can I block all Downloads from Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Please tell me for windows 10 how block all download from internet ?I searched extensions and i make guest account but not work.with
User Account Control (UAC) What settings should I bring to require password ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk41

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
UAC doesn't prevent users from download files and software from the Internet, but can prevent users from running software that require elevated privelege (ie. admin rights). Be aware that some software can be installed on Standard / Guest user account without Admin rights or UAC intervention, for example, Firefox. Difference between Installing in Program Files vs. Appdata.

You can Enabled/Disable File Downloads for Internet Explorer only - Find out How to Enable, Disable File Download Option in Internet Explorer

Free Home edition - (RollBack Rx Home)
RollBack Home Edition is a FREE instant time machine for your windows workstation. It is a comprehensive Windows System Restore solution that empowers users and IT administrators to easily restore their PC’s to any previous state within seconds.

Free available - (Reboot Restore Rx Pro)
Reboot Restore Rx Pro prevents any and all changes made on your drive(s) making those PCs bulletproof and unbreakable. It is designed for public access computing environments such as schools, computer labs, kiosks, hotels, Internet cafes, and libraries.

Free available - (ToolWiz Time Freeze)
Toolwiz Time Freeze is an easy and effective Instant system restore software to keep your system safe and protect your computer from unwanted changes.
Turnning on the Time Freeze mode, the whole system is running in the "sandbox". Only the changes to the files in the exclusion list will be saved.

@Umbra can advise.

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
yes,parental control but as I searched I found nothing :(
exemple:when PC is log in guest account and try to download something to be password protected

Reactions: DardiM

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
I never thought not to find anything :( problem is only downloads but parental control in ESET is only block specific site by the administrator in firefox is something extensions?in chrome nothing :(

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
hi
in ESET SSP "parental control", I made exceptions for youtube.com but video not start.
WHY?

broughie

Level 2
Verified
Sep 11, 2013
Is it not sufficient that any program or file downloaded into the guest account is in effect blocked & cannot be opened/executed without your admin account password being input ie without your consent. Also Open DNS has multiple subject blocking options effective in all browsers.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
It would be a hard thing to do. By "downloading" I think you're saying "saving the contents of HTTP(S) accessible resources to disk files while still allowing the user to view web pages". Considering that's exactly what a browser does when accessing web sites to allow users to view pages I think you're going to have a tough time of this. If the machine is able to arbitrarily communicate with other hosts via HTTP(S) and the user can execute arbitrary code then users can "download".
So, it's probably the best to use Parental Controls in Windows 10 to create an account that will be restricted from executing applications or changing settings to the host system.

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
@BoraMurdar thank you for your reply,i tried in "parenatl control" ESET i block "arts" allow youtube.com,but now video does not start,why?

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@BoraMurdar thank you for your reply,i tried in "parenatl control" ESET i block "arts" allow youtube.com,but now video does not start,why?
Which browser you are using?
Have you enabled flash?
Have you tried in different browsers?
Are you getting the problem in all the user accounts?
Disable your AV and check it once if the problem is solved.

eXDj

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Aug 2, 2015
@Purshu_Pro i activate parental control in ESET version 10 ,allow youtube.com,site start but video no,i make this for block download.

U

uncle bill

youtube videos are on googlevideo.com (but i may be wrong). Make a try and put googlevideo.com in trusted site. Good luck.

Reactions: eXDj

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
@Purshu_Pro i activate parental control in ESET version 10 ,allow youtube.com,site start but video no,i make this for block download.
Okay, now please tell me whether the problem is same if you disable your Antivirus(ESET) and browse?
Bine, acum vă rugăm să-mi spuneți dacă problema este aceeași, dacă dezactivați antivirus (ESET) și răsfoiți?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.