How can I prevent spywares from recording my screen and clipboard?

ethereal1

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 17, 2019
I have ESET smart security premium and KeyScrambler personal and from what I understood I can't set rules in ESET that will block spyware from capturing my screen and clipboard.
Can I add a third protection measure to block screen capturing and/or clipboard capturing?. I were told on this forum that it isn't recommended to run spyshelter with another anti virus like ESET and I don't want to replace ESET with anything.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but I think keyscrambler does that.

Plus
  • I recommend you to enable only necessary programs to reach the internet through firewall rules. WFC is what you should try. Simple but powerful trick against keyloggers. i used it for years.
  • Do not use any questionable software. No crack, no key generators, no warez etc. Download only from the source.
  • Use a second opinion scanner.

ethereal1

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 17, 2019
Maybe I'm wrong but I think keyscrambler does that.

Plus
  • I recommend you to enable only necessary programs to reach the internet through firewall rules. WFC is what you should try. Simple but powerful trick against keyloggers. i used it for years.
  • Do not use any questionable software. No crack, no key generators, no warez etc. Download only from the source.
  • Use a second opinion scanner.
He does not need WFC if he has ESET smart security premium.
WFC using Windows Firewall but ESET smart security premium comes with it's own firewall, and you can set it to interactive mode.
I do have firewall in my ESET anti virus and is set to interactive mode. I do my best to understand and know what are the softwares that get permission to access the internet but there is a long list of things that I don't understand and many of them seem like crucial part of the operating system. I didn't saw anything about screen capture prevention in the keyscrambler site.
So I can only hope to prevent a potential spyware from sending the information it gathered to the attacker?.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
I think there is no other app to detect and block/manage screen and clipboard loggers except SpyShelter. As I remember McAfee and/or Trend Micro have similar features but they are signature based app like Eset and it's not wise to install it in one combo. SS could be installed but it would be necessary to make needed exclusion and rules to avoid some conflicts.

ethereal1

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 17, 2019
I think there is no other app to detect and block/manage screen and clipboard loggers except SpyShelter. As I remember McAfee and/or Trend Micro have similar features but they are signature based app like Eset and it's not wise to install it in one combo. SS could be installed but it would be necessary to make needed exclusion and rules to avoid some conflicts.
There is a guide about those exclusions and rules that needed in order to make spyshelter work with ESET without problems?. can't I just disable the screenshot ability in my PC?, I found this app How to disable screenshots on Windows 10 and it claims to disable screen capturing, will it be able to stop a spyware from taking a screenshot of my screen?

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
I have ESET smart security premium and KeyScrambler personal and from what I understood I can't set rules in ESET that will block spyware from capturing my screen and clipboard.
Can I add a third protection measure to block screen capturing and/or clipboard capturing?. I were told on this forum that it isn't recommended to run spyshelter with another anti virus like ESET and I don't want to replace ESET with anything.

SpyShelter is not another anti-virus. It is designed to be compatible with anti-viruses. I ran ESET and SpyShelter together without conflicts. Now there is also a very popular SpyShelter Firewall (which includes the anti-keylogger program), and you wouldn't run that together with the ESET firewall.

ethereal1

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 17, 2019
SpyShelter is not another anti-virus. It is designed to be compatible with anti-viruses. I ran ESET and SpyShelter together without conflicts. Now there is also a very popular SpyShelter Firewall (which includes the anti-keylogger program), and you wouldn't run that together with the ESET firewall.
I once asked about running these apps together and people here told me that it is a bad Idea to run them together(even if it just the premium version of spyshelter) cause they are both doing HIPS, Q&A - Running Eset Smart Security with Spyshelter Firewall

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.