Advice Request How can I uninstall EAM ?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
I have uninstalled EAM on 1 of my PC because I want to get a try at Sophos Home Premium.
But SHP advises me that tere is another antimalware running on my PC...
How can I do ? Emsiclean64 did not solve the problem !
sophos2.PNG
sophos1.PNG
sophos3.PNG

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
I've never had this issue....I guess I would reinstall it, and try to remove it again. Just a thought.
Install EAM again and remove it again in safe mode, it may not have been completely removed.
Thanks @BigWrench and @bribon77
And is it necessary to uninstall SHP before reinstall and uninstall EAM in safe mode ?
NB: I run Emsiclean64 in safe mode but I have yet uninstalled EAM

dragongate888

Level 2
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I do not have a direct experience with EAM, however, my personal encounter with other AV has taught me this---after all third party uninstaller's failure, why not dig into Windows folder>sysyem32>drivers to remove THAT(yet to find its name, if any) stubborn driver which has refused to depart. You may need to resort to Safe mode to do it, if the situation warrants it.

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
Thanks @BigWrench and @bribon77
And is it necessary to uninstall SHP before reinstall and uninstall EAM in safe mode ?
NB: I run Emsiclean64 in safe mode but I have yet uninstalled EAM
Well, now I really have doubts that if it has allowed you to install SHP and it works, it only tells you that you have EAM, but it is not so, it is possible that it only detects some registry key that all AVs leave when you desistalaste but it does not affect anything.
You could pass him a registry cleaner or CCleaner. But come on, it's not clear.:unsure:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Reinstall emsi again , uninstall with geek uninstaller and remove left over folders , registry keys ( geek uninstaller does that for you ) reboot into safe mode and run the emsi cleaning tool , reboot again and run voidtools everything as Admin en search for emsisoft. Remove everything it finds. Run autoruns or quickstartup to see if there are still services or drivers running and disable / delete those.if there are files that are left over and locked/ can not be deleted , use iobit unlocker and right click on that file and press unlock and delete. The final step is for if you really know what you are doing: run registrar registry manager and search for emsisoft , the program starts to scan for left over registry keys / legacy keys and you can delete those. Best bet is to revert back to a clean image, before you installed emsi, if you have one...

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Thanks friends for your help ! :)
I had yet run Emsiclean in safe mode but it found nothing.
I have uninstalled EAM with Revo Pro.
I jus tried Registrar and I can delete some remaining registry keys but there are 7 keys that I cannot delete because "Access denied"...
What can I do ?
keyEAM1.PNG

keyEAM.PNG

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
Hello,
Thanks friends for your help ! :)
I had yet run Emsiclean in safe mode but it found nothing.
I have uninstalled EAM with Revo Pro.
I jus tried Registrar and I can delete some remaining registry keys but there are 7 keys that I cannot delete because "Access denied"...
What can I do ?
View attachment 222992
View attachment 222991
Can you delete them in safe mode?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.