Solved How did Boramurdar get aeomi backupper working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AverageGuy

Thread author
Feb 8, 2014
Hi all I am new to the forum and assume the participants feature is equivalent to personal messages. I read this thread which BoraMurdar answered people with in 2012 and particularly wanted to ask him or anyone a question about it http://malwaretips.com/threads/creating-an-anti-malware-flash-drive.22334/. I cannot get yumi to fully recognise the Aeomi backupper iso which Boramurdar talked about in the link thread. I select 'unlisted bootable iso' (main title) in the first drop down menu in yumi. I notice there are 'try unlisted' ones available also in the drop down which I think i'm not meant to select. Please correct me if I am wrong and I am selecting the wrong unlisted option- i use the main title saying unlisted. Any way I went over to the aemoi wizard software utilities menu and it gives an export iso option. I downloaded the iso. Then yumi 'does' recognise it and list it in GREEN but then it will not show the create button which is greyed out. I originally formatted my drive in fat 32 with windows and formatted again using yumi too- is that anything to do with it ? It is my first time using yumi , could I be doing something wrong ? I can give more information if you ask. Many thanks.

AverageGuy

Thread author
Feb 8, 2014
Hi I managed to work it out. It appears 'try unlisted' are the versions of unlisted that you select using yumi. Obviously this is for the not listed ones that you get with isos from elsewhere.

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Sorry for late reply :)
All ISO that are listed YUMI automatically recognize them (their names) in desired location.
For those which are unlisted you just try "try unlisted iso" and it should work in any case or bootable support (boot manager), was it syslinux or grub4dos. Always format your flash drive with fat32...

Upvote 0

AverageGuy

Thread author
Feb 8, 2014
Okay thanks. I managed to download about 7 types today. Whether they will all work I am not sure. Aeomi does work as I tested it. I don't think penlinux or the yumi makers offers support unless paid for perhaps from what I read ?

I noted that wildnerness forums seem to have alot of discussion over there and help. Where would you recommend I go for support with yumi - do I need come here or use the wildnesssecurity forums and that is the best route for help. Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me by the way. :)

I should mention I downloaded hirens as a big download example and assume on booting with flash drive it will list all the programs as I go through the yumi boot menu with no issues like aomei backupper did.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

AverageGuy

Thread author
Feb 8, 2014
Are sorry yes they do have a contact at the top of the site. Missed it sorry. Pitty they dont have a forum as it might be with software like this it takes 3 days or so to get back to you. I bet they have a high number of enquires giving its not 'full proof' software.

Not to do it down though its great that they put time and effort making such things for us for free ! - it could be of great use if it works correctly. How many issues do you get with it normally ?

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Are sorry yes they do have a contact at the top of the site. Missed it sorry. Pitty they dont have a forum as it might be with software like this it takes 3 days or so to get back to you. I bet they have a high number of enquires giving its not 'full proof' software.

Not to do it down though its great that they put time and effort making such things for us for free ! - it could be of great use if it works correctly. How many issues do you get with it normally ?
No issue so far :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.