How do you set up your computer after reinstall?

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
In my experience nothing else is as good as Total Uninstall. I tested a number of uninstallers before buying Total Uninstall and it was a lot better than any of the alternatives.

@roger_m, how much better than Comodo Programs Manager? I've seen CPM delete 25,000 keys before and regulary in the hundreds for a large application. I guess I have been thinking of it as enough and not as a perfect app. Like I doubt it tracks program activity after installation to revert...or even after updates 100%, although it seems to catch the updates at least most of the time. I see multiple entries for a program (one with a red x for partially uninstalled)...

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
@roger_m, how much better than Comodo Programs Manager? I've seen CPM delete 25,000 keys before and regulary in the hundreds for a large application.
I've never compared both. I stopped using CPM, as every now and then it would stop working and would no longer monitor installs, at which point it would need to be reinstalled. It's possible that it was just an issue with running it on Windows 10.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
OK thanks. I have seen that before. What I did was copy the data file (C:\fileimage.dat) to a separate location and then delete the file from its normal location. Then I would reboot into a CD/DVD boot environment and replace the file. After rebooting the program would begin to function again. As a routine, I also had gotten into the habit of setting the executables in the CPM program folder to run as admin. Don't know if this is the reason, but I haven't seen a failure with Comodo in I suppose 3 years now. It used to really get to me, until I found a way to restore the functionality...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.