Advice Request How does the VPN Money-Back Guarantee work?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
This could be a silly question, but since im not sure, i dont lose anything asking.
Im doing a research for the best VPNs (for me) for when my CyberGhost key end. And after i found some information about their location, privacy, speed and price i have a few options to choose.

But some of this instead of giving a free limited trial of their product (like AVs and security software in general do) they offer to buy the product and give you a 30 days Money-Back Guarantee.
So im asking, how this work? What happen if i buy a software (in this case a VPN) and i don't like it, how do i get my money back? is the process easy/fast? or its a risk even if it is a safe company?
because its another country, another language, another laws...

Last edited:

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
You pay for a license and if you're not satisfied with the VPN for whatever reason you can contact their customer support and get a full refund in the first 30 days of purchasing the license.

CyberGhost has a no questions asked refund policy so you don't have to give any legitimate reason for wanting the refund. Other VPN providers may vary so it's best to look through their refund policies before buying a license.

Reactions: Elpibe and frogboy

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Some give you the run around, some don't. You'll never know until you actually request that refund. Before you pay it's all sunshine, as with any other product or service. :)

Reactions: Elpibe

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I would definitely read the fine print and T&Cs on the refund policy. Some VPNs like PureVPN say that they are going to give you a 30 day refund policy but once you have used more than 3GB of data through their VPN your refund is void. (remembering from the top of my head, please check on the actual amount of data that they state in their T&Cs but I'm pretty sure it's 2-3GB)

The refund policies are entirely independent depending on which VPN you are going for, so there is really no way of telling you how VPNs refund you.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Ty for the answers, ill read the refund policy before buy it or maybe contact customer support if im not 100% sure, but i dont want to have a problem like a member of MT had with avira when they change their license and didnt offer a refund.

If you are concerned about a money back policy, then you are not carefully choosing your VPN.
Yes i am, but theory is different from practice, not all servers of 1 country have the same speed. I have problems with cyberghost, where some servers are at full speed, some at half, and others not even a 25% of my speed (thats its not much 30Mb, maybe 50Mb in near future). So how can i know that a VPN will have a good speed if i cant try it?

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
So how can i know that a VPN will have a good speed if i cant try it?
That one's easy to answer: By simply paying heed to the old adage that you will most likely get what you pay for. It may not be a law, but oftentimes the rule.

TL;DR: Check out established services with reasonable prices and stay away from those who'll charge you 99ct/decade and promise you 5Gbit up and down 24/7 in 8934 countries on 124 planets in 5 different star systems.

That's just like a woman who'll tell you she'll love you forever, doesn't need a credit card or any new shoes, ever. That's when you RUN as far as your feet will take you. :D

Reactions: NikolayfromRussia

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
So how can i know that a VPN will have a good speed if i cant try it?

That is the problem. Some Vpn services like Pure Vpn, Ivacy, Vpn Master..... don't grant you a free trial period. To evaluate their service you have to buy a subscription and if you don't like you may ask for a refund. However I don't know much about a refund policy. From my own experience Cleverbridge (some companies like Revo, Acronis use this platform for payment) is very serious for a refund.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015

Not all but yes, but theres post from people that i dont think they do a research or they dont care about same things that i do. For example i wouldnt use a "five eyes" country VPN, like Windscribe (its the main example, cause theres a lot of posts in MT about this VPN). Im not saying whos right or wrong, just that theres a differents concepts when choosing a vpn.

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Not all but yes, but theres post from people that i dont think they do a research or they dont care about same things that i do. For example i wouldnt use a "five eyes" country VPN, like Windscribe (its the main example, cause theres a lot of posts in MT about this VPN). Im not saying whos right or wrong, just that theres a differents concepts when choosing a vpn.

Some days ago I read about Hotspot Shield VPN. Acccording to this information it spies on their users. I don't if it is true or not.
I think a NordVPN is a good service as their office is located in Panama. More reliable for users security/privacy. I used a NordVPN and liked it.

Elpibe

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 26, 2015
Some days ago I read about Hotspot Shield VPN. Acccording to this information it spies on their users. I don't if it is true or not.
I think a NordVPN is a good service as their office is located in Panama. More reliable for users security/privacy. I used a NordVPN and liked it.
Its one of my top options, tho, i have to test the speed, but in terms of privacy and price its almost perfect. But like i said before speed its REALLY important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.