How is Avast Free on Win 10 working for you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Latest Avast Free
Win 10 64

TaskManager - Startup - Startup Impact shows "High".
Do you see the same on your system?

Reactions: Logethica

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Yes, I have Avast! Pro version, and got the same.

But, it does not have a lot of impact and slowdowns on my startup time.. Windows 10 still boots fast.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Edit: What version number of avast Free (Stable or Beta) are you running?

It's normal. Even OneDrive has a high impact.

First introduced in Windows 8, here is some information from Microsoft about Start-up Impact:

Impact is assessed based on an app’s CPU and disk usage at startup. Impact values are determined by applying these criteria:
  • High impact – Apps that use more than 1 second of CPU time or more than 3 MB of disk I/O at startup
  • Medium impact – Apps that use 300 ms - 1000 ms of CPU time or 300 KB - 3 MB of disk I/O
  • Low impact – Apps that use less than 300 ms of CPU time and less than 300 KB of disk I/O
MSDN.MICROSOFT.COM - Startup apps (Windows)

Last edited:
Reactions: XhenEd and Sven
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Latest Avast stable.

First 2-3 system restart were little longer than usual. Now it seems has settle down.

System & browsing response seems good too.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Remember when performing a shutdown, the system doesn't do a complete cycle. A restart does, which may take a little longer to boot up.

Do you have many apps starting on boot, alongside Avast Antivirus?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Only Avast.

As I mentioned in my last post things seems fine now. If I notice anything will mention here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.