Advice Request How is Bitdefender Firewall?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-Faqir

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Jul 24, 2018
How is Bitdefender Firewall compared to other vendors? How effective it is for use in public networks?

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I assume it would be effective just like other vendors who have a firewall built in. I do not use public networks so i cannot say for sure but Bitdefender's firewall seems to have a stealth option in settings.

SETTINGS

Users can now enable and disable Stealth Mode and Paranoid Mode from the Settings tab.

• In Paranoid mode, alerts are shown each time an application tries to connect to the internet. When Paranoid mode is turned on, the Autopilot and Profiles features are automatically switched off. Paranoid mode can be used simultaneously with Battery Mode.

Stealth mode establishes whether you can be detected by other computers. Click the Edit stealth settings to choose when your device should or should not be visible to other computers.

Users can also choose a default application behavior, which will allow Bitdefender to apply automatic settings to applications with no defined rules. Click Configure applications to choose whether automatic settings should be applied or not.

Reactions: Jack and Al-Faqir
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.