How Many Can You Open Before You Crash

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
How many programs can you open before you crash or slow down!!;):( Or run out of resources!
Capture48.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: frogboy

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Ok! How many of you can mount a back up image with Macrium Reflect(E) and drag and drop your pictures and other things on your back up image to (C) Well I can! ;)
Capture48.JPG

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
As I cannot provide a screenshot ;) (just imagine), I can open Opera Browser with few tabs on, 4 visual studio IDE or more for my programming and 1-2 virtual machine running at 2 GB ram as configured.

Verdict: It run very smoothly with a bit not responding state for Visual studio ;)

8GB ram capacity but usable like 7GB ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: donetao

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
I can have open 10-15 different programs as I have 32GB of RAM which I need as I get a lot of emails etc., from other doctors and hospital staff.

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
I can have open 10-15 different programs as I have 32GB of RAM which I need as I get a lot of emails etc., from other doctors and hospital staff.
I only have 6GB of Ram and I'm thinking that is close to max for my Toshiba lap top. I have never had a memory problem.
32 GB is a bunch!

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
Hey @frogboy ! Have you ever mounted a image and copied and pasted or dragged and dropped with Macrium Reflect???
Like the screen shot I attached in above reply!! It's a cool feature my friend!
PS I had to liven MT up. Was really boring tonight.;):rolleyes:

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Hey @frogboy ! Have you ever mounted a image and copied and pasted or dragged and dropped with Macrium Reflect???
Like the screen shot I attached in above reply!! It's a cool feature my friend!
PS I had to liven MT up. Was really boring tonight.;):rolleyes:
nope i have never tried that before. :) Don't you ever sleep my friend? :D:rolleyes::p

donetao

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Sep 7, 2014
nope i have never tried that before. :) Don't you ever sleep my friend? :D:rolleyes::p
Yuppers! I'm a night person. I'm retired, so I can sleep all day if I want. All my threads and replies get covered up by members with infected PC's during the day. That slows down a little at night and gives me a chance to do my thing at night!! I'm about ready to shut it down friend.
See you on the turn around. Have a safe trip good buddy!

Reactions: frogboy

dorje

Verified
Feb 15, 2014
Never tried that before.

Having 8GB ram capacity but usable like 7GB as well.

Think should be just fine for normal usage.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Never tried that before.

Having 8GB ram capacity but usable like 7GB as well.

Think should be just fine for normal usage.

rwDM4Nm.png

That's how look like in the System (Control Panel applet), these are pretty normal since many factors why isn't fully alloted the RAM capacity like from BIOS settings, ability to handle the motherboard on the memory and others.

dorje

Verified
Feb 15, 2014
rwDM4Nm.png

That's how look like in the System (Control Panel applet), these are pretty normal since many factors why isn't fully alloted the RAM capacity like from BIOS settings, ability to handle the motherboard on the memory and others.

This is mine
119o3yo.jpg

Reactions: jamescv7

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
I can open Minecraft (2 GB to Java allocated), A VM also 2 GBs and i will have 5.8 of 5.9 GB of RAM used.

Its a bad slowdown on my system.

noladevildog

Level 1
Verified
Jan 11, 2015
This is something I have never had an issue with. I constantly have a multitude of things running in the background and no slow downs here.

ciQsHn9.png

Here is a screenshot of my taskbar + notification area.
rMCCLxB.png

And to keep in union with the thread - my Windows Experience Index.
HHfppio.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.