How much time do you spend everyday looking at a screen?

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
So while traveling through the bus today, I noticed that some passengers were busy tapping at their phones. Then I thought that it might be good idea to talk to the MTers here about how much time do they spend everyday looking at screens, be it phone or pc or tv. Let me start, for me it will be around 5-6 hours a day. What about you?

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I would estimate 12 hours, maybe more. :)

My job requires me to stare at monitors for 8 to 10 hours a day. After the gym i usually jump on my XB1 for a couple hours. Sometimes more.

Edit: On Weekends the screen time is a lot lower. Resting my eyes during this time.

Last edited:

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Really depends from day to day. Sometimes maybe 10 hours a day, which I find actually too much if I think about it. But also there are days with only less than an hour and I can also easily get days with no screen at all.

Weebarra

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2017
Most days i would say 8 - 10 hours probably ,which is lot i guess, most of it is probably on the tv to be honest, tv goes on about 6am and off at 7.30am then back on around 6pm until 10pm, i'm not glued to it that whole time though, it's just on. I barely look at my phone but the pc, i would say 2-3 hours per day, split up through the day and evening while the tv is on. Some days it's more than others though like today, i was up at 1.45am so the tv goes on as you can't really do anything at that time when you have neighbours who are "normal" and sleep properly but. There is probably never a day when i don't have any screen time. :rolleyes:

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
This topic forced me to count my time strained in front of the PC screen (because I'm making a phone call or hearing not more than 30 seconds per day, and never watching the TV screen).
Reassuming: 3.5 hours in the morning, 4.5 hours afternoon, 8 hours in total!o_O
I know that it's far too long, and I want this time to be much shorter!
Thank you for taking up this topic, which allows me to comprehend that I am in front of the screen for too long, and making a decision to chop it!

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
This topic forced me to count my time strained in front of the PC screen (because I'm making a phone call or hearing not more than 30 seconds per day, and never watching the TV screen).
Reassuming: 3.5 hours in the morning, 4.5 hours afternoon, 8 hours in total!o_O
I know that it's far too long, and I want this time to be much shorter!
Thank you for taking up this topic, which allows me to comprehend that I am in front of the screen for too long, and making a decision to chop it!
you're welcome. I expected that this topic will be a bit helpful to everyone

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
Most days i would say 8 - 10 hours probably ,which is lot i guess, most of it is probably on the tv to be honest, tv goes on about 6am and off at 7.30am then back on around 6pm until 10pm, i'm not glued to it that whole time though, it's just on. I barely look at my phone but the pc, i would say 2-3 hours per day, split up through the day and evening while the tv is on. Some days it's more than others though like today, i was up at 1.45am so the tv goes on as you can't really do anything at that time when you have neighbours who are "normal" and sleep properly but. There is probably never a day when i don't have any screen time. :rolleyes:
You reminded me of a friend who used to keep the tv on whenever he was in his apartment regardless of the fact whether he was watching it or not because the noise made him feel less lonely :oops:.

Electr0n

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Feb 19, 2018
We are addicts:p
I don't think it's a symptom for addiction for everyone. Those who work in IT are required to stare at their screens. However for some maybe it's a addiction but it can be curbed if one becomes conscious about it. I myself have reduced 2 hours of screentime by just stopping checking email and notifications obsessively.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.