How to be 100% sure you're not infected?

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
Setting aside firmware infections (e.g. BIOS malware), the "system image" golden rule applies, as other members described above.

If you have a known clean system image, you can use it to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created that system image (granted that upon restoring your system, the system partition is wiped, and not "incrementally restored" or similar).

Yes another way to start at a clean slate without reinstalling Windows. And it takes 5-8 minutes. A God-send when HDD crashed or malware testing gone haywire.

i do , you can't load my OS without my password :D

You can boot mine, but I can roll it back easily

IMO using tools for such things is simply unreliable, just format and re-install the OS.

When repairing customers's PCs, that would be my last option if everything else fails :)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.