Status
Not open for further replies.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
You can add your own, as long as you know the ad network addresses.
Also, have you tried using the EasyList plugin for IE: http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/trackingprotectionlists
Did you try the Dottech XML file that I posted?

Also: There is a program called HostsMan which lets you modify your hosts file. You can then modify the hosts file to make it block ads.
A Lifehacker guide: http://lifehacker.com/5817447/how-t...and-speed-up-web-browsing-with-the-hosts-file
Yup tried IE tracking protection list but not happy with the results. How u get that ad network addresses ?

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Yup tried IE tracking protection list but not happy with the results. How u get that ad network addresses ?
Just do the same thing as if you were manually adding Adblock Plus or Admuncher rules.
Directions:
1. Download Chrome and Download Adblock Extension
2. Go to a site where you want the ad to be blocked and block the ad manually
3. Go to Adblock settings and copy the rules after you get all ad done
4. Paste in txt file
I think :confused: it will work

Reactions: Purshu_Pro

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Just Google it, I even left what EPM stands for... It's not difficult.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Just do the same thing as if you were manually adding Adblock Plus or Admuncher rules.
Directions:
1. Download Chrome and Download Adblock Extension
2. Go to a site where you want the ad to be blocked and block the ad manually
3. Go to Adblock settings and copy the rules after you get all ad done
4. Paste in txt file
I think :confused: it will work
Thanks I tried this but eset says it doesn't take file more than 1 mb

R

rocky

I have Adguard installed never have to worry about ads no matter which browser I open they are gone. I did start using I.E. as my default browser after using Adguard, just uninstalled Firefox yesterday after using it 7 or 8 years.

Reactions: Kent

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
I have Adguard installed never have to worry about ads no matter which browser I open they are gone. I did start using I.E. as my default browser after using Adguard, just uninstalled Firefox yesterday after using it 7 or 8 years.
I tried adguard, it consumes lot of memory, and slows my browsing experience. That's the only reason I removed it. Planning now to use Adfender.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
So is there any way to add tracking lists to IE ? Does any one have any idea?

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Very simple, Free and light weight.
Turn IE off and never use it again. Equals the mother of all pop-up killers for IE.
Because IE is one big pop-up.

Reactions: Purshu_Pro and Kent

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013

Nico@FMA

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2013
Then whats ur opinion over the alternative.

Well besides the fact that i do not visit ad infested sites, i use Opera and have a custom build block list that does block the ads domains so they just do not show up as the browser will not load them. Sometimes its handy to have a person at the company who makes these things.

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
Well besides the fact that i do not visit ad infested sites, i use Opera and have a custom build block list that does block the ads domains so they just do not show up as the browser will not load them. Sometimes its handy to have a person at the company who makes these things.
Well can we import all of our bookmarks to opera. I was feeling comfortable with this as an alternative.

sami sam

Level 1
Dec 14, 2011
Sorry not working. The setup file seems to have been corrupted.

:eek: :eek: o_O

This moment I have been download it from same above download and its setup successfully .:)

may be your speed of download make corrupt file setup , I mean its not downloaded completely .

try to download again .
by the way my explorer version 11.

good luck,
regards ...

Purshu_Pro

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 3, 2013
:eek: :eek: o_O

This moment I have been download it from same above download and its setup successfully .:)

may be your speed of download make corrupt file setup , I mean its not downloaded completely .

try to download again .
by the way my explorer version 11.

good luck,
regards ...
Thanks now I manage to install it, but still the same issue, cannot fix ads in that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.