How to block application from Vipre Internet Security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Can anybody please explain how to block particular application from connecting to internet by using vipre internet security 2013.
(Please post screenshot if possible)

Thanks

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Can anybody please explain how to block particular application from connecting to internet by using vipre internet security 2013.
(Please post screenshot if possible)

Thanks

It is under the Firewall tab.

Here is the step by step (note that I do not have it installed so some terms might be slightly different but should be able to guide you through):

*Go to Firewall Settings window by clicking Settings next to the firewall section.
*Click the Exceptions button and click the Add button.
*Enter the path of the application you want to allow or block.
*Name the rule you just created.
*Press Ok.

That should do the trick.

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Biozfear: Its just like windows 7 firewall and I know that but I thought if it can possible easily like in avast or kaspersky where all application are listed and you can choose between allow and block.

Anyway Thanks for reply

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Biozfear: Its just like windows 7 firewall and I know that but I thought if it can possible easily like in avast or kaspersky where all application are listed and you can choose between allow and block.

Anyway Thanks for reply

No, unfortunately is not like avast! or Kaspersky.

Another way is switching firewall to Learning Mode, which will show you a pop up for every action and you can block the action for the prgram you want to prevent and tick on Take action chosen in future or Create Rule (not sure which one is it).

I

illumination

Learning mode would be the best way. Enabling it and the HIPS set to "Block with notify" will unleash the full potential of this product and give you some control over applications. The HIPS is used mainly for blocking any kind of "code Injections", this type of process protection is intended for "advanced users" because a lot of legit software will use code injection, and some applications will not preform correctly unless exceptions are set for them.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes do as Illumination says. I have used Vipre and its potent suite. But I experienced web slowdowns. It has a great HIPS so please set block with notify. If you want to unblock just click on the notification link.
There is no easy way to do it in vipre like KIS or AVAST.

P

Plexx

The HIPS will simply block the program itself if I am not wrong. What OP wanted was to block internet access only.

I

illumination

Biozfear said:
The HIPS will simply block the program itself if I am not wrong. What OP wanted was to block internet access only.

I agreed your suggestion was the best method and added the hips suggestion for better security and application control for the OP to use at his discretion :)

P

Plexx

To be honest, I do prefer that method simply because at least I know I am doing step by step as opposed to click on a process and let it be done automatically.

Experience with ESET taught me that via Learning mode for example :)

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
There is no learning Mode in 2013 version

The only method I found is Manual

29mnfpw.png

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
There is no learning Mode in 2013 version

The only method I found is Manual

29mnfpw.png

Under the Firewall Settings at the bottom, press "Reset to Defaults."
You should get a popup window where the option to choose between Simple Mode and Learning Mode appears, as far as I remember.

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Yes. you get the learning mode option during installation. After that I think you can access it via one of the menu items.
Also do one more thing.
Open up the support page. In the support options are something like that(dont recollect) there is an option to enable advanced scanning and disinfection.
[Its at the page where there is the options for creating a support log]

Spirit

Level 2
Thread author
May 17, 2012
Under the Firewall Settings at the bottom, press "Reset to Defaults."
You should get a popup window where the option to choose between Simple Mode and Learning Mode appears, as far as I remember.

Absolutely correct Biozfear but it does not ask if application should connect or not to internet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.