Advice Request How to Bypass the Netflix VPN Proxy Error?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Lindaawilsoon

Level 1
Thread author
Apr 11, 2018
Hello EveryOne,
I stuck on this point that what is the procedure to bypass the Netflix VPN proxy Error?? My close friend asking me about this but i have no idea that's why i come here to discuss, is there any expert person who tell me OR share any guide , Thanks

D

Deleted member 65228

I beilive this is all dependent on the vpn itself. Netflix does not block all vpn's you would have to google to find out exactly. I could also be completely wrong.
It's impossible for them to block all of them but they can at least try.

You're not completely wrong at all though, you can Google to try and find proxies they may not detect, but VPN and proxy are different things. Netflix probably has a lot of employees focusing on finding new IPs to ban and new VPN providers... So it could be tricky. Some premium VPN services claim to be able to work on Netflix but I rarely find that the case, at-least not permanently.

Netflix do try and block VPN because of legal reasons. They aren't legally allowed to let you watch specific content depending on your location. They can't stop someone who can bypass their VPN bans (e.g. use one they do not know about, or a brand new VPN server is being used, or someone bought their own server hosted in country XXXX and is using it to proxy through) but they will try for legal reasons.

You won't be banned or warned or anything even if you did manage to get through with VPN enabled.

Sometimes I leave my VPN on and forget, and then I get hit with the Netflix error.

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The European Comission agreed already last year about new sets of rules that will help when traveling in Europe.
Brussels, 7 February 2017.
Europeans will soon be able to fully use their online subscriptions to films, sports events, e-books, video games or music services when travelling within the EU, according to the agreement reached this evening by negotiators of the European Parliament, the Member States and the European Commission. This is the first agreement related to the modernisation on EU copyright rules as proposed by the Commission in the Digital Single Market strategy. Vice-President in charge of the Digital Single Market Andrus Ansip welcomed the agreement, reached just one week after a deal on wholesale roaming charges: "Today's agreement will bring concrete benefits to Europeans. People who have subscribed to their favourite series, music and sports events at home will be able to enjoy them when they travel in Europe. This is a new important step in breaking down barriers in the Digital Single Market. I warmly thank the European Parliament rapporteur Jean-Marie Cavada, the Maltese Presidency of the Council of the EU and all those involved in reaching today's compromise. Agreements are now needed on our other proposals to modernise EU copyright rules and ensure a wider access to creative content across borders. I count on the European Parliament and Member States to make it happen".

Source : Digital Single Market

David Hennery

Level 1
Jul 18, 2017
Netflix is at war with VPN services and tends to block them as soon as detected, but there are still some providers that can remain undetected with their level of security and encryption is on point, also they have dedicated servers for Netflix streaming. I'd put my money on Express VPN or Nord. Both have proved to work with Netflix. Since US Netflix has the more extensive library, so connecting to a US server is recommended.

Apr 15, 2019
As far as Netflix is concerned, they can block specific server IP's once these are known as VPN IP's but they cannot block whole services for that matter. If you are using a VPN service which adds new servers constantly, you will have to keep switching to the most recently added servers constantly to keep bypassing the block. Of course, make sure that your location services are turned off on your device as well as keep clearing cache and cookies before or after every VPN session.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.